“I clicked yes!”

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've done lots of reviews on Trip Advisor, but haven't clicked yes on the "Is this one of the best meals you've ever had" button but one other time! The Old Swiss House was definitely one of the best meals I ever had, as well as, the other 3 persons in my party. 2 of us ordered the schnitzel specialty that is cooked at the table side, my husband ordered the veal w/ mushroom gravy, & the other member ordered the fish. We also had starters of salad, and the fried cheese which were great! Our waiter was so nice & took such great care of us! We had a great French wine, the wine list was phenomenal! We would have loved to peeked in their wine cellar! The decor of the Swiss House is awesome! We loved the silver bits sprinkled around filled with fresh & beautifully adorned flowers. The doily in the bread basket, the silver pectin full of butter all great touches that made our visit a lasting memory besides the top notch food! It was very interesting learning the history of the restaurant & the association with Anhauser-Busch family in the states! We are looking forward to another trip to the Old Swiss House soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We found this restaurant by luck, while going to see the Lion monument. We saw the good Trip Advisor reviews and the tempting Menu and decided to come for the evening for dinner. It was my birthday, and we wanted to celebrate in a special place. Although we did not made a reservation, we were lucky to find a free table. I had lobster with champaigne sauce and choosed spinach as a sidedish ; it was delicious. My husband tried the House Schnitzel, and we enjoyed the cooking near our table. Chocolate Mousse is one of the best I ever had. It is a must to taste. Restaurant is very special as design and we enjoyed the old atmosphere. i would definetly go there again, and recommand my friends to go there. It was a special evening for my birthday. Price is a bit high, but not much higher than other places in Switzerland.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a delicious dinner and wine while people watching outside. The service was excellent. It was interesting to learn about the history of the family owners.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I ate here while we were staying in town. We liked it -charming. It has a quaint, nostalgic and homey feel -while still having top notch service and food. The decor is eclectic and eccentric. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We ate a phenomenal veal (special) and the schnitzel -classic favorite. The food was exceptional quality. It was a little pricey...but what isn't in Switzerland? Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am visiting this Restaurant on a regular basis since over 25 years and never was disappointed.What else can I say ? Atmosphere,service and Quality are unbeatable and on a very high Standard.Have visited many Restaurants in Lucerne,but none comes Close,so I Keep on going there and going there.....