“Amazing Food- Fairly high price”
Review of Old Swiss House

Old Swiss House
Ranked #10 of 414 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The food was outstanding, great taste, great service
The best schnitzel that I have ever eaten - by far.
We can not wait to go back to this restaurant

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family, 6 people in all, and I had an amazing time. Our waiter was so funny and kind, can't remember his name but he favored Mr. Bean. The food was great, some of my family had the Weiner schnitzel and I had the soup, forgot what it was called but on a cold December day it was sooooo delicious. Some of the best food I've ever had at a restaurant. Now, for dessert they have their famous chocolate mousse and I really don't like chocolate but I wanted to see what the hype was all about. Everyone in my family had it and it was INCREDIBLE. I can't get this restaurant out of my head, huge thanks to management and service. Just a warning this place is very expensive, but I think it was worth every penny.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a free night while on a group tour of Europe and chose the Old Swiss House for a nice dinner in Switzerland. Very nice and upscale restaurant with a menu to match but you get what you pay for and we loved it. Their specialty is table side service, if I ever go again I will do the table side Weiner schnitzel which is their pride and joy. The waiter even prepared our chocolate mouse at the table which was a very cool treat.

1  Thank Maggie S
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We're going there about once a year for special occasions. The food is good, the ambient very nice and the service very friendly. Normally I take the Wiener Schnitzel. I've never had any better Wiener Schnitzel than in the Old Swiss House, not even in Vienna. The Wiener Schnitzel is served with noodles (what I recommend everyone), but if you want, you can ask also for french fries instead of noodles. In contrary to other restaurants of this price class, they serve also big plates and if you want, the bring you more noodles for free! But beside the Wiener Schnitzel, the food served in Old Swiss House is not better then other restaurants. But the price is higher. So my recommendation: If you want to eat the best Wiener Schnitzel, you've ever had, go to the Old Swiss House! For everything else, go to somewhere, where it isn't that expensive.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this restaurant recommended by a colleague who lived in luzern. Definitely choose the house specialty made right at your table! The wine list is incredible and there is an interesting history. The servers wear costume adding to the authentic, but sophisticated Swiss experience!

We would go again if we are in Luzern!