“Short review -- tried to go twice and overwhelmed by smoke both times” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bodu

Bodu
Ranked #51 of 391 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: French, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Columbus, OH
“Short review -- tried to go twice and overwhelmed by smoke both times”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Full disclosure: we did not actually eat here. We went into the restaurant twice (it's along the steps up from the newer metal river bridge in old town) and both times turned around within seconds due to the overwhelming blast of cigarette smoke. So this review is based solely off that; but I thought it would still be a useful review to other foreign visitors who are used to smoke-free environments.

Visited January 2012
7 Thank ntguru911

Lucerne, Switzerland
“Good food - pity abut the revolting service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

My friends and I went for supper there - our waitress was one of the rudest I have ever come across, standing with her arms crossed when we needed assistance, practically throwing a side plate at my friend and then finally back chatting when my friend mentioned something about her manner. I will NEVER eat there again.
This, also, is not an isolated incident as another friend of mine had a similar experience when there with work colleagues. To make matters worse, when someone wrote a letter to the establishment about it, the owner/manager sent a rude reply !!

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lulu752
“Excellent moules marinière”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

The Bodu has quite a reputation for French cuisine and the moules marinière I had last night confirmed this - done to perfection in just the right blend of white whine, parsley and onions. My friend had the vegetarian nastrini which were very good, too.
This excellent reputation comes with a hitch, though: like many places with a good name the Bodu seems to consider customer service not so important for its success. Hence, for example, no slight alterations of the menu were accepted (you could not get a fruit salad for desert even though they serve a fruit salad with a savarin...). Also, our waiters needed to be reminded a number of times to bring us more water, and when they brought the wrong coffees and we made them aware of the fact, they exchanged them rather ungraciously.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eri_lar
Lucerne, Switzerland
“very nice but very hard to get a reservation on week end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and service. you have a large choice of very nice food. Don't try to go there without a reservation on week end, they are allways fully booked. If it so, try the Reussbad restaurant

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kuna-khamu
Boston, Massachusetts
“Am a local and I love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

As an ex pax living in Luzern this is one of my favorites. Great French food. Service can be a little snooty (maybe going with the French theme?) It's not really fancy which I like, kind of smart casual. My favorite meal there is the entrecote (steak with herbed butter and french fries - heaven!!) They also have a great salmon. We bring people here for work all the time and everyone always loves it. Prices are normal Luzern high (main course probably about 30 CHF) I would recommend making a reservation and if it's for a Thurs - Sat night, reserve well in advance ( at least 3-4 days before preferably longer).

2 Thank leotrvlr