Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$131
eDreams$131
Agoda.com$131
Tripadvisor$131
ZenHotels.com
All reviews pub downstairs mt pilatus close to the train station mountains kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights . Single traveller.

Good.
Rooms are clean. Facing lake. Quiet close to train station say 7-10 mins walk. Good location.
small rooms and basic amenities.

Bad.
No reception for this hotel. The bar is the reception. If bar staff are busy then you have to wait for checking in. Bar is very noisy and crowded. Bartenders are the one doing checking in. Not possible to get any information about the city or surroudings as the bar staff are always busy entertaining clients
May not be good option for those with family.

Price -- CHF 85-180 depening on room choice and season
Good for one two day stay.

Room tip: ask for high floors and face the lake
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had the best experience staying at Hotel Mr. Pickwick in Lucerne. Ramona checked me in and was so friendly and welcoming. Sylvia took me to my single room and helped me with all the locking procedures. My 3rd floor room looked right out on the Chapel Bridge with all the flowers. I loved it. The bed was so comfortable.
I had an adapter problem and Pedro, the bartender helped me out by giving me theirs and he was helpful whenever I had a question.
The location is great also. Really can't see why anyone wouldn't want to stay here. Also just across the bridge from the train station and you can eat in the bar.

Room tip: I was on the 3rd floor and hear no noise from the pub. Also I had a wonderful view of the bridge of flowers.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Rude staff very unfriendly. Our room was not clean at all. Bedsheets had stains. Noisy at night times. And quite expensive in the bar considering the service, decor and unwelcome feeling that is present. Has a good view.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I loved Hotel Mr. Pickwick located above the very welcoming Mr. Pickwick Pub full of local expats and happy British and Aussie tourists. Our single rooms were small and cozy and pristinely clean. The staff welcomed us even though straight from our US flight, we were quite early. the location is great, the narrow perfect little rooms all have a view of the river, swans and covered bridge and it is truly in easy walking distance from the rail station. it was the most affordable place we stayed but our favorite.

Now if you don't understand how it works or if you are particular about some issues, you may not like it as much as we did. First, the pub opens at 1130a and the checkin time is 3. This works well but if you need to check in early, go the the easy to find back entrance one street behind the pub and and ring. It is well marked.

the pub is fun and so, when guests spill onto the outside seating area, they are noisy. With the front windows closed, I didnt hear a peep. if you are visiting in high summer and want the river breeze and you like to go to bed before 11, you may have noise concerns.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Graces
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As everybody have mentioned "Great Location" and clean. I like how they designed the interior, modern in an old building. Staff are friendly. Offered breakfast next door better than fast food. The only bad thing about it is being above the Pub. It can be loud at night. And all the cigarette smokes goes to the room. It might not be a problem for others. But when we were there August very hot we had to leave the windows open since there is no AC. Otherwise it's perfect for our budget.

Room tip: I believe all the rooms has great view.
Date of stay: August 2012