“What a warm experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Unicum Lucerne

Unicum Lucerne
Ranked #39 of 395 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss, European, German, Austrian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mountain-Feeling in the heart of Lucerne, with the famous chicken, the real cheese fondue and many more, all the year Party Sound for everybody Friday and Saturday from 10 p.m. till 02.30 a.m.
Franklin Park, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a warm experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited "Unicum" on our last day of a 10 day trip in Europe. I found the restaurant in the city guide provided by our hotel and after reading the reviews on tripadvisor convinced my husband to give it a try. We visited the restaurant during the afternoon and were warmly welcome by a the manager who proposed that we make reservation for diner.
When diner time came, my husband and I were warmly greeted by a pleasant lady and the manager who took our orders. My husband ordered the half roasted chicken with fries and I had the whiskey chicken. Both meals were deliciously amazing, but my husband's diner was so much tastier, I mentioned to the manager who had been taking care of us that I wish I could take some of the herbs back home to the US with me. To my surprise a few minutes after he was gifting us with the bag of herbs! Such a pleasant warming experience for our last night in Switzerland. Thank you:)

1 Thank Ennoaj82

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Great half roast chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here nov 2nd and a half roast chicken on a bed of fries. The chicken - herb based - was extremely good with the sauce. I am not usually a chicken person but really enjoyed it, especially with that awesome sauce and herby taste. In addition the service was great. A manager took our reservation and greeted us warmly upon arrival. Atmosphere is clean. Prices reasonably compared to other restaurants. Restaurant centrally located.

2 Thank Yumchow
Hampton, Canada
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visited in late October. We found Unicum in the afternoon, made a reservation and returned that evening - table was ready for us, and we were made to feel very welcome. Had the chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce with Rosti - excellent. Wine, dessert and coffee all great - thanks to Patrick who personally checked on us throughout the meal and we had a great time chatting to him. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Canadians from New Brunswick, Canada

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Sandra T
“Great Chicken Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

After weeks of travelling, we found this place during the day and decided to come back for a meal. They have taken the chicken coop experience to the max and it is refreshing and warm place to be for a meal. Great service, friendly owner and the best Rosti I have ever had. Good oven cooked chicken with a great house sauce. Hope you get a seat in the Hen house! Also check out their sister restaurant, Taube Wirtshaus just nearby for a traditional Swiss experience.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Robin C
North Jersey, NJ
“Chicken was delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Visited in early September. We saw an advertisement and then read the reviews and decided to try the chicken. The place was kind of empty. We asked to sit outside but did not have a reservation so they put us inside. It was the best meal we had in Switzerland. Chicken was very juicy. We liked it so much that we went back the next night but to our surprise they are closed on Sundays. :(

• Visited September 2013