“Average Steaks”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Average Steaks”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The steaks are ok, the service quite average. Ordered my steak medium but received rare. They exchanged my steak to a new one after complaining.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rog S

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Just average”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good location. Sat at an outside table and ordered wine while looking through the menu. Very pricey, but on a par with other places in Lucerne. I ordered sausage with onion gravy and rosti. Approx £20. My wife's pork was under-cooked, so she left some. The bill didn't include the wine, so I pointed this out. No thanks for doing so! Very poor show.

• Visited April 2014
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Horrible in all meanings of the word.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The worst service ever: wrong orders, she didn't listen to her customers, no training to serve people, she burned my hand with giving a hot hot plate,...
The meat was really to long marinaded. The fries fried not long enough (raw inside), the chef doesn't serve desert without whipped cream.
The bill wasn't right so we had to check everything.

Don't go here and if you would go. Be careful and check everything twice!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SanderCools
Goldsboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steaks and Lively Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was to perfection and the cozy bar was a delightful place to share an evening was good friends. The Ribeye was just right and the grilled veggies were topped with balsamic vinegar. Worth a repeat visit next time we return to Lucerne.

Adelaide Hills, Australia
“Disgusting.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My partner and I are from Australia where we are used to some of the best steaks and after travelling for 3 weeks were delighted to find a 'Steakhouse' that displayed a sign saying 'the best steaks in Lucerne'. We chose to believe and didn't check trip advisor first. My partner ordered a T-bone steak for $49.00 CHF which didn't include anything else, they had to be ordered as sides which cost extra. His steak was a flat approximate 1cm thick piece of meat that was cooked well done when he had ordered it medium-rare. He sent his meal back and the next time got a steak that was again flat but cooked better. I ordered fish cutlets and got what looked a tastes like fish nuggets with salad loaded with a creamy dressing. Our bill totalled 98.00 CHF and was the worst meal I have had since commencing our holiday approx 3 weeks ago. Additionally, the waitress was forgetful and appeared flustered all the time. What really disgusted me more than the food was that to get to the restaurant you have to pass through the bar where smokers are allowed to smoke and it is so thick of smoke. This also filters into the 'non-smoking' area which is so disturbing for a non-smoker. We would never go there again and have put this on trip advisors to ensure others don't waste their time, their money or their taste buds on what was a disgusting and expensive meal.
Nina and Jim