“Mt Pilatus”

$313.77*
Private Day Hike of the Alps from Lucerne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ECHO Trails walking, hiking and biking tours take you out of the city into breathtaking scenery and fresh Alpine air. Come along for a tour of jaw dropping alpine vistas, quaint villages and working farms, hear the story at historic places and enjoy the picturesque countryside. Our passion is to share the incredible beauty around Lucerne and in the central Switzerland area. ECHO Trails works in tandem with Switzerland's efficient public transportation system and depending on the tour, we use a combination of local buses, trains and/or boats for transfers to and from our end destination. ECHO Trails native English-speaking, guided half- or full-day walking, hiking and biking tours are tailor-made for you. There are half-day, full day walks, hikes and bike tours to choose from. Even with limited time you can have a genuine Swiss outdoor experience. Small groups – maximum 15 people per tour, carefully chosen trails, informative itineraries, friendly and enthusiastic, English-speaking guides, for anyone in average physical condition, guaranteed departures, all tours include historic or cultural insights, relaxing pace with frequent photo stops, all transfers on public transportation system, each tour includes a stop at a scenic restaurant.
toledo, oh
4 attraction reviews
“Mt Pilatus”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We spent the day going up Mt Pilatus with Echo Trails guide Paul. The weather was not good but we had a great day. Echo/Paul were very flexible and offered to switch days to get better weather, but our schedule didn't allow it. The walking part of the excursion was something that would have been very difficult on our own. We got the impression that Echo will try to be flexible to get you the experience you want.

Visited July 2014
Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Many thanks for complimenting Paul & ECHO Trails for your Mt. Pilatus tour. You are true sports as the weather conditions were not ideal. The sun and the other alps were out there but were just not visible. Alas mother nature still has the last word.

Wishing you continued safe travels and let's get that "alpine panorama" view on your next trip to Lucerne.

With best regards,

Rene´ Welti

Taipei, Taiwan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The hiking in the Switzerland mountain, must to do!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I come from Taiwan, on 2014/6/5-7, have 3 days hiking in the Switzerland guided by ECHO TRAIL,
Mr. Rene. 我來自中華民國台灣 在今年的6月4日-7日有3趟跟隨著Mr. Rene在瑞士的山中健行, We hiking 3 difference mountain: Mt. Rigi, Mt. Pilatus & In the heart of Alps, all are beautiful views,
the trail direction very clear and safety, and have farm restaurant can take break and eat, the way can find the pure water can drink. 我們健行了3個不同的山路 沿途的步道指標非常清楚且安全 同時路上有農家的餐廳提供休息和用餐 路邊可發現純淨的山泉水供飲用. 在台灣攀登百岳必須要攻上山頭才能有景觀可看 但是在瑞士一路上的景色就如同走入畫境般 甚至走入農家品嘗新鮮的起司 和牛群對望 When you visit Lucerne, please must spend time hiking in the mountain, experience beautiful nature, the "ECHO TRAILS" is your best choice來到瑞士琉森 請留點時間去山中健行 體驗大自然山景之美 而"ECHO TRAILS"就是你最佳的嚮導

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 賢義 周
Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Kennie,

Many thanks for your comments in English and in Chinese. You are one of the first people to book a tour from Taiwan and we look forward to welcoming many more from your country. Also please put Switzerland on your future travel schedule so we can do more fun hikes together.

Wishing you continued good health,happiness and many more hiking trips,

René Welti
“The Beauty of Switzerland in a One of a Kind Tour”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently completed my second trip to Luzern, and set out on a mission to experience the essence of Switzerland. Of course in order to acomplish this I absolutely had to hike the Swiss Mountains, and so I invested a fair amount of time researching what tour to join and always found myself turning back to ECHO trails, because of the unique experience that each trip described. Reading the rave reviews of past participants only sealed the deal for me.
I ended up joining the Rigi Mountain Tour and of it I can saw without a doubt that I experienced what to me is the "Essence of Switzerland." Picture this...The most approacheable, friendly, and knowledgeable tour guide you have ever met dressed just as you would imagine any true Swiss Excursionist would...Alpine hat and all. 360 degrees of the most picturesque views of Switzerland you have ever seen from atop of mount Rigi. Stepping into a local Swiss Farm to see how Cheese is made, followed by lunch by camp fire - Swiss Sausages, tomatoes, cheese, and wine. Hiking down the rolling green mountain trails, hearing cow bells clinking, stopping every now and then to admire the Alpine flowers, and capturing the most unforgettable photos imaginable.
I have been on tours in many countries, but none this unforgettable. Describing the experience does not even come close to doing it justice...ECHO Trails is a MUST when in Luzern, Switzerland.

Visited June 2014
Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Desiree,

On clear blue sky days the Swiss alps do a great job in cooperating. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the day. Please come back soon again.

Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stunning Views; not to be missed”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife, 21 year-old daughter, and I had the pleasure of completing the "In the Heart of the Alps" Hike in late May. We met our guide John at the Lucerne Train station, and took a train, bus, and finally, a gondola car before heading up the mountain and hiking down. Although the day started dreary and cloudy, the skies cleared by mid-morning and we hiked for several hours with stunning views of the alps. We saw more waterfalls then I could count as the winter snows were all melting away. John was a great guide; friendly and informative. The fact that the tour was private allowed for plenty of conversation; and we even had a beer together in Lucerne at the end of the day. The hike itself was almost entirely downhill. Not easy, but I wouldn't say overly difficult. We stopped for lunch at a small farm/restaurant, and had excellent hot food with the best views you will ever find at a lunch spot. The entire excursion took about 8-9 hours, but only 3-4 hours of actual hiking. I cannot say enough about the scenery or the tour in general. What a great way to see the Swiss countryside. A highlight of our 11 day, three country trip to Europe. I would recommend Echo tours without reservation.

Visited May 2014
Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Pat,

Thank you for sharing your very helpful description of the "In the Heart of the Alps tour". Your comments are passed on to John who is very appreciative to know your day with him was one of your European trip highlights. Please come back and visit us in Lucerne again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Rene on the ECHO Trails Mount Pilatus summit excursion. Right from the start we knew we were in good hands. Rene is very welcoming and easy to get along with. He is very knowledgeable of the Swiss history and culture. My partner enjoys the outdoors however I am afraid of heights. Rene made it a very enjoyable experience for us both and made me in particular feel very safe and comfortable given we were ascending to approximately 2000 metres! The combination of transport (boat, cogwheel train, cable car, gondola and postal bus) diversified our experience. The hike component of the excursion was not overly difficult, it lasted approximately 1.5 hours and gave incredibly beautiful views of the mountain and surrounding Swiss scenery. Rene's company throughout the day was great and we even enjoyed a beer with him after our hike. We would definitely recommend this to anybody wanting to experience the Swiss Alps whilst visiting Lucerne!

Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Nazirahim,

Many thanks for your kind trip review comments. Denis really enjoyed guiding you and sharing his passion for the Seelisberg-Bauen areas. His namesake "Aschwanden" originates from this area so you really experienced first-hand "local insights".

With best regards,