“Stunning Views; not to be missed”
Review of ECHO Trails

$299.13*
In the Heart of the Alps Hike Tour From Lucerne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ECHO Trails walking, hiking and biking tours take you out of the city into breathtaking scenery and fresh Alpine air. Come along for a tour of jaw dropping alpine vistas, quaint villages and working farms, hear the story at historic places and enjoy the picturesque countryside. Our passion is to share the incredible beauty around Lucerne and in the central Switzerland area. ECHO Trails works in tandem with Switzerland's efficient public transportation system and depending on the tour, we use a combination of local buses, trains and/or boats for transfers to and from our end destination. ECHO Trails native English-speaking, guided half- or full-day walking, hiking and biking tours are tailor-made for you. There are half-day, full day walks, hikes and bike tours to choose from. Even with limited time you can have a genuine Swiss outdoor experience. Small groups – maximum 15 people per tour, carefully chosen trails, informative itineraries, friendly and enthusiastic, English-speaking guides, for anyone in average physical condition, guaranteed departures, all tours include historic or cultural insights, relaxing pace with frequent photo stops, all transfers on public transportation system, each tour includes a stop at a scenic restaurant.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife, 21 year-old daughter, and I had the pleasure of completing the "In the Heart of the Alps" Hike in late May. We met our guide John at the Lucerne Train station, and took a train, bus, and finally, a gondola car before heading up the mountain and hiking down. Although the day started dreary and cloudy, the skies cleared by mid-morning and we hiked for several hours with stunning views of the alps. We saw more waterfalls then I could count as the winter snows were all melting away. John was a great guide; friendly and informative. The fact that the tour was private allowed for plenty of conversation; and we even had a beer together in Lucerne at the end of the day. The hike itself was almost entirely downhill. Not easy, but I wouldn't say overly difficult. We stopped for lunch at a small farm/restaurant, and had excellent hot food with the best views you will ever find at a lunch spot. The entire excursion took about 8-9 hours, but only 3-4 hours of actual hiking. I cannot say enough about the scenery or the tour in general. What a great way to see the Swiss countryside. A highlight of our 11 day, three country trip to Europe. I would recommend Echo tours without reservation.

Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Pat,

Thank you for sharing your very helpful description of the "In the Heart of the Alps tour". Your comments are passed on to John who is very appreciative to know your day with him was one of your European trip highlights. Please come back and visit us in Lucerne again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Rene on the ECHO Trails Mount Pilatus summit excursion. Right from the start we knew we were in good hands. Rene is very welcoming and easy to get along with. He is very knowledgeable of the Swiss history and culture. My partner enjoys the outdoors however I am afraid of heights. Rene made it a very enjoyable experience for us both and made me in particular feel very safe and comfortable given we were ascending to approximately 2000 metres! The combination of transport (boat, cogwheel train, cable car, gondola and postal bus) diversified our experience. The hike component of the excursion was not overly difficult, it lasted approximately 1.5 hours and gave incredibly beautiful views of the mountain and surrounding Swiss scenery. Rene's company throughout the day was great and we even enjoyed a beer with him after our hike. We would definitely recommend this to anybody wanting to experience the Swiss Alps whilst visiting Lucerne!

Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Nazirahim,

Many thanks for your kind trip review comments. Denis really enjoyed guiding you and sharing his passion for the Seelisberg-Bauen areas. His namesake "Aschwanden" originates from this area so you really experienced first-hand "local insights".

With best regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My bestfriend and I decided to do some outdoor activities while we were in Luzern. We found Echo Trails through Tripadvisor and made contact with Rene via emails few months before the trip. Rene was very prompt in replying emails and was very patient in providing us details after details about the tour we have opted for. Rene however was not available on the tour date and we got Denis instead for our guide. During the tour, we found Denis extremely engaging. He also seems very knowledgeable about the places we visited. We think he was really good at what his doing simply because he was really passionate about the overall tour experience. The hiking was not that tiring and we stopped a lot to take photos. The scenery was spectacular. We also stopped at a local cheese farm and got to see how local farm produced cheese and not to mention, the cheese tasting bit. Denis took us to this nice restaurant where we ate tasty local fish and excellent dessert. He even took us to visit his Grand dad’s house and told us some local stories about the area. Suffice to say that this trip was the highlight of our Swiss Tour. We definitely would recommend Eco Trails to those who wanted to experience personalize one-to-one day trip and Denis would be one of the best guide you can get. Last but not least, we wish Denis the very best of luck (please don’t skipped class again) and if we were in Swiss again, definitely we will look out for one of Eco Trails tour.

Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Nazirahim,

With best regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I decided last minute to book a bicycle trip during our stay in Lucerne. I contacted Echo Trails late Wednesday night via email inquiring about a bicycle tour for our family on Friday and Rene Welti promptly contacted me. I am very glad that I was able to arrange for a bike ride with Rene because it was one of our best days during our vacation in Switzerland!

Rene ended up meeting us in our hotel to review the various route options for a bicycle ride the next day. I mentioned that I was interested in ebikes. It turns out that the ebikes were unavailable because they were being serviced. I was quite concerned about whether or not I was going to be able to do the ride and keep up with my husband and son due to the "hills". The next morning, I was pleasantly surprised when Rene told me that he managed to find one electric bike - for me! He took the effort to call around various stores and managed to find just one. Of course, my husband and son were very jealous that I had an ebike.

Rene aims to please! The scenery on the ride was beautiful. Initially, there were some big hills to go up. My husband and son had to walk their bikes in spots. I was able to cruise right up the hill on the ebike. Even though Rene could have ridden up the big hill with no problem, he patiently walked with my husband who was huffing and puffing.

The scenery was spectacular. We experienced the real Switzerland. We rode on country roads and on a dedicated bicycle path. We made it to the storybook town of Kuessnacht and then took the train back to Lucerne. Rene is a great and caring guide and very knowledgeable.

I highly recommend the e bikes, especially for the casual bicycle rider. Obviously, there are some serious hills in Switzerland. The ebike made the ride very enjoyable and allows you to cover a greater distance. In my opinion, it is the best way to see Switzerland. Thank you Rene for a great day!

1  Thank Susan11Nj
Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Susan & Family,

Thanks again for giving our "Half-Day" ride a go. I was so happy the weather held so you got to see the incredible alpine scenery you only see on that "bike trail" summit ridge. You all are troopers. Please feel free to tell your friends that a stop in "Lucerne" and an ECHO Trails tour is a "must-do". René

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am an expatriate, new in Lucerne and i wanted to visit one of the mountains in the area and to do some easy hiking. I searched the interned and chose Echo Trails. Rene is easy going, friendly and very knowledgeable of the area and of the swiss culture and history. He was helpful, patient and he did everything to ensure that i had a memorable experience. And i did. I had a fantastic time, the swiss scenery is beyond words, truly breathtaking. I highly recommend Echo Trails for those who want a unique experience and i am looking forward to do another tour with Rene soon !

1  Thank Yianna K
Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Yianna,

Congratulations - You are my first Greek to conquer Mt. Rigi in Winter walking on the packed and not so snow-packed trails. Your connection with the Greek Gods provided for one of the bluest sky days ever. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back for another "insightful" snapshot of this very beautiful Lake Lucerne region area.