“Lucerne Villas and Castles Walk”
Review of ECHO Trails

$356.45*
Private Full-Day Alpine Ridge Hiking Tour from Lucerne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ECHO Trails walking, hiking and biking tours take you out of the city into breathtaking scenery and fresh Alpine air. Come along for a tour of jaw dropping alpine vistas, quaint villages and working farms, hear the story at historic places and enjoy the picturesque countryside. Our passion is to share the incredible beauty around Lucerne and in the central Switzerland area. ECHO Trails works in tandem with Switzerland's efficient public transportation system and depending on the tour, we use a combination of local buses, trains and/or boats for transfers to and from our end destination. ECHO Trails native English-speaking, guided half- or full-day walking, hiking and biking tours are tailor-made for you. There are half-day, full day walks, hikes and bike tours to choose from. Even with limited time you can have a genuine Swiss outdoor experience. Small groups – maximum 15 people per tour, carefully chosen trails, informative itineraries, friendly and enthusiastic, English-speaking guides, for anyone in average physical condition, guaranteed departures, all tours include historic or cultural insights, relaxing pace with frequent photo stops, all transfers on public transportation system, each tour includes a stop at a scenic restaurant.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I joined Rene on the Lucerne Villas and Castles Walk on Sunday. It was a great way to discover the mystical lakes and mountains around Lucerne and get some exercise at the same time. The tour starts in Lucerne followed by a short bus ride to the trail and a brief history of Lucerne and Switzerland. Beautiful view of villas, mountains and lakes (think of mystical fairytale settings) from the trail. We also stumbled upon a castle and stopped for a coffee in the castle's cafe, overlooking the absolutely spectacular lake and mountains.

This tour was a great way for me to explore outside Lucerne - the tour group was small (in my case, just me) and the tour guide was amazingly easy to talk to, knowledgeable about both Lucerne, Switzerland and Swiss history and open to questions. Rene took the effort to ensure that I was comfortable with the pace at which we were walking and was more than happy to give me time to slow down and really soak up the scenery! An added bonus was that the tour ran on Sunday so it was a great way to make use of a day where not much else is open.

Thanks Rene for a fabulous experience! I look forward to coming back to Lucerne.

1  Thank Carone J H

Reviewed July 29, 2012

What a wonderful experience ! I joined Rene on the Furenalp hike and it was magical. The weather was perfect and the scenery was breathtaking ! This excursion is not far outside of Luzern and while it involves a train, bus and cable car it was surprising how quickly we were surrounded by beautiful glacial Alps. Rene is an excellent guide. He set the framework for the trip but carefully adjusted the hike according to our skill level and allowed us the freedom to choose activities along the way. Rene's in-depth knowledge of Swiss history was intriguing and his enthusiasm infections. I would highly recommend the Furenalp program or other programs through ECHO Trials.

Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Christine,

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, it was one of those incredibly blue sky alpine days where the alps and their glaciers appear so close up. Wishing you many more fun and memorable Swiss hikes.

With best regards,

Rene Welti

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Thank you Rene for orgainzing such a comprehensive program, combining a great walk, historical background and scenic lunch. The Swiss Path is both great exercise and outdoor activity combined with a historical view of Switzerland. Beginning the day with a coffee and introduction to Wilhelm Tell, we proceeded around that Aldstadt, and then on to the path. After a beautiful walk, we had lunch at a high vantage point over the lake. Followed by a train ride to the Swiss Army Knife museum, where you can even build your own knife, we ended with a boat trip on the lake back to Luzern. All the best forms of Swiss trasport!

Rene W, Owner at ECHO Trails, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Joan,

Many thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with me and others. Wishing you many more fun and memorable Swiss hikes.

Cheers,

Rene Welti

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The E-bike ride from Lucerne to Brunnen was very scenic, experienced cycle paths that put me through pastures, farms, villages, places I would have never found on my own. I got a sense of the everyday life of a Swiss and how they live. The E-bike was a new experience for me too. This is a battery supported bike so when I went up the hill I just changed the gear into High and the battery powered motor kicked in and with average effort on my part, rode up the hill without pain or super strenuous effort on my part. The stop at the Hohle Gasse in Küssnacht am Rigi and visit to the Tell pavilion was interesting. The audio-visual presentation of the William Tell story and history gave me new insight and helped me answer was he a real person or just legend. The guide, René Welti pointed out all the highlights and stops along the way so the ride was enjoyable, fun and informative. He put a lot of effort in this tour and appeared as a super tour guide!

This E-bike ride was a fabulous experience and I defenitely would like to do it soon again!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you're in Switzerland for holiday, study or work, there is no better way to see the scenic views of this beautiful country than going on the William Tell trial with ECHO Trials!

I went for this 18km hike on 1st August 2011 and truly no better way to spend The Swiss National Day than trailing through the track where the Confederatio Helvetica started.

Our leader was Rene Welti, a Swiss Hiking certified guide who is very knowledgeable with Swiss history and pointed out little nuggets of information and interesting facts as we journeyed from Luzern to the little towns of Fluelen. Morschash and Brunnen. Set aside a good full day for this enjoyable hike which is fun filled, relaxing and one just feels so accomplished on completion.

Lunch and dinner stops are part of the hike and we culminated the tour on a high note watching the firework celebrations in Brunnen!

A little bonus from the tour is the discovery of some of Switzerland's little gems which one might not come to know about on their own. I discovered the Swiss Holiday Park which became a place for my retreats away from the hustle and bustle of Zurich city life.

So if you're looking to see Switzerland from a unique way, want to immerse yourself in Swissness, or just want a day tour out of the city, look no further...Rene Welti's ECHO Trails has it all! =)