All reviews pleasant courtyard hear the church bells old town small kitchenette train station good nights sleep traditional hotel the hotel staff enjoyed our stay short walk open windows small fan heavy luggage every morning breakfast was excellent two nights charming hotel
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Pleasant stay in a centuries old building but with uniquely updated rooms located just East of the old town. For those used to AC in hotels, there is none here. A fan and opening of the windows for ventilation was sufficient for the warm June days. WiFi is good and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The layout is not traditional but that’s due to the old nature of the building. I enjoyed a view of the St. Leodegar church from my room. The breakfast spread and service which include both hot and cold items is excellent. The al fresco dining area is a nice place to enjoy a meal.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Hotel is quite well located being a very short walk to the cathedral and not much more to get to the lake front. It is about a 15 minute pleasant stroll to get to the old town.
Check in was straight forward and carried out by a lovely young lady who was most helpful and friendly. First impression of the room was fairly favourable but quickly found that it did not come with air con (or anywhere in the hotel). It was hot throughout our visit so this was a bit of a problem and the supplied fan was ineffective. The room had windows at each end, one by the bed and the other in the bathroom. When opened we were greeted by scaffolding right up to both windows because of building work on the adjoining property. The strangest aspect was the bathroom window - clear glass, right next to the lavatory so whenever the bathroom was used the curtains had to be closed as you were otherwise in eye contact with passengers on passing buses. Maybe we were just unlucky with the room? Also the cathedral bells sounded from 2.00am and on each hour through the night. This and the hot room somewhat negated the chances of a good nights sleep in a most comfortable bed.
The buffet breakfast included in our rate was very good and taken in the pleasant courtyard.
Throughout our stay, all of the staff were very nice.
If you choose this hotel I’d suggest you decline room 218 if this is allocated.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Was in Lucerne with my daughter and her friend for 4 nights. Stayed at the Hotel Hofgarten and enjoyed it very much. Great location - 5 minutes walk to Lake Lucerne. Huge room with modern decor and color scheme that had a king bed and a third “rollaway”, large sitting area, windows that opened on two sides (fresh air!!!), small kitchenette.
Had dinner two nights at the restaurant and breakfast there every morning. Fun, friendly staff at the restaurant.
Definitely worth considering when looking at lodging options in the beautiful town that is Lucerne.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

➖ I stayed there for a few days and I did not like that there is no AC ( at least the room where I stayed), so summers could be tough. Second, there was something weird with the room service and staff. Room service did not go in two days and another day they tried to enter my room at 9:30 am ( I was naked and about to take a shower and told them to come later ), also people from staff (front desk) knocked on my door almost everyday In order to check/make “room control” ( not sure what they wanted, but made me feel unconfortable, I have not seen this in other hotels in my travel time )

➕ Location and breakfast

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2018

This hotel was reasonably priced, the staff friendly and helpful and ideally located. We were within 10-12 minutes of the local attractions, lake and the train station. The bus and city traveler discount pass were included as well as water and breakfast.
The only drawback was that they didn’t have A/C and we were visiting on some of the warmest days, the room did have a fan. I would stay here again.

Room tip: We had a corner room which had great views but was noisy if the windows were open.
Date of stay: May 2018