“I will never forget this day trip, I dream of going back!”
Review of Mount Pilatus

Ranked #1 of 88 things to do in Lucerne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The boat ride to Lucerne was incredible, but that is for another review ;) This is a place you will never forget. The historic train ride up was soothing and exciting. The view from the top was breathtaking! Ride down into town, amazing.

2  Thank Rachel R
There are newer reviews for Mount Pilatus

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Its a good place to spend sometime of the day during the Swiss trip, the cable car is good....and the view from the top is nice, however nothing exclusivce or great about it....go there if you have free time and the ride is free.

1  Thank Mayank_Nagar
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm fortunate enough to have visited the peak of Mt Pilatus twice in my life. It is totally exhilarating but the higher you get it also gets more scary. You just need to overcome the fear!

If you're lucky enough to make your visit on a clear day the views are amazing. The second time I made the trip to the top it was cloudy but it still was a great experience and I would thoroughly recommend it if you are visiting the region.

2  Thank WelshMaiden_8
Reviewed March 15, 2014

It was still very much winter when we visited, so I was very nervous of the cold. I'm more of a beach bum, this was my first winter destination. The trip to Mount Pilatus made it easy for me to acclimatize and enjoy the sceneries at the same time. Once you reach Mount Pilatus, you're inside the hotel, so it's comfortable. Once cozy, you can then start to go outside to experience the snow. It's only the walk to the cable car station from the bus stop which is tiring as it's a big long and is going up.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Brilliant. Would I recommend you go up the mountain? Yes. Yes. Yes. Loved the initial gondola ride. 2nd ride to top as good as any "thing to do" I've ever done. Amazing hotel beer terrace. Enjoy yourself lucky things. On the way back down stop at the station with the kids playground get a beer and let the run amok! Bit pricey initially but top drawer.

1  Thank Rhuari