“Lucern overnight”

Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Fisherville CAN
“Lucern overnight”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived very early in the day, around 10 AM and had no problems getting checked in.. Just had to wait for one room to be cleaned.. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and all spoke English very well. The room were very clean and tidy. The food at the hotel restaurant was fantastic. The supplied breakfast was also very very good. Sliced meats and cheese, A variety of breads. Yogurts, cereals even bacon, eggs and sausages were put out. Our room looked out over Frankenstrasse and even though I have read many reviews concerning the noise levels, once you closed the outside shutters, this became virtually none existent.. Even on a Friday night in the city.
My only issues were, the price for parking overnight and the price for WiFi. I understand that parking in the city is at a premium but after paying about 600 CHF for two rooms the price of at least both of these services could be included. Parking could be based on first come first served. Or a voucher for offsite parking could be supplied. My only other issue is the bathroom supplies.. A shower at 10 PM after travelling from Canada resulted in running out of body wash and tissues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I felt like I was sleeping on the street, there were too much noise even with my widows closed. I could also cleary hear people in the next rooms talking.
I changed rooms but still had the same problem.
TV was not working.

Expensive hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank constant o
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I loved our stay at this modern hotel. The room was very large and the bathroom had both a tub and separate shower. The room was very clean and modern. Very impressive. Our room had steps leading up to the bed/desk area so beware of this if steps are a problem for you. The location of the hotel is fantastic. It's across the street from the Lucerne train station and the tourist office is right across the street. It's right by the water so it's very convenient to take a boat ride. The boats run all the time and are free if you have a Swiss train pass. We used a Swiss Flexi pass for our travel around Switzerland.The hotel is very close to the old part of the town with lots of restaurants. The hotel breakfast was also very good. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Some rooms have stairs to get to the bed. If this is an issue, request one without stairs.
1 Thank PotterygirlNYC
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights during a two week trip in Switzerland and very much enjoyed our time at this hotel. The room that we had on the eighth floor was recently refurbished and was very sleek/modern. While it was not overly large, it was more than sufficient. At my request we had a room facing the inner courtyard, which looks on to other buildings. It was not a great view, but this is not a hotel that really offers views (unlike some in Switzerland) and we chose it for the convenience factor in any event. The breakfast was very good, with croissants, other pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. and a variety of fresh fruits, etc. The staff was very professional and helpful. I would note that Switzerland in general is VERY expensive and so you should plan on paying considerably more than you would even in someplace like Paris, as hard as that is to believe. A couple of things that I would note (not as criticism of this hotel, but just FYI) is that as much as we liked this room it might not be for everyone as it has two levels, so could be a danger to those that get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities (I am quite sure that other rooms are all on one level, so just ask if this is a concern) and one morning at around 6:00 am there was a very noisy racket in the courtyard that went on for some time. I have no idea if this is common (it sounded like someone was throwing a great deal of bottles into dumpsters over a ten minute span)
but you might want to ask if you are a light sleeper. In short, I would definitely stay here again. NOTE that there was free wifi. I mention this because others have suggested this was not always the case.

Room Tip: See the notes above.
1 Thank betsy13
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had selected this property after going through other reviews and my main point was to find an hotel near to Lucerne train station as we have only 2 days with us to explore the city.

The hotel is just a 100 meters from the main gate of the station. The family room is big enough (bigger than many other properties that I had reviewed) to acconmodate four beds with sufficient space to move around. The ambience, cleanliness and other facilities were all close to any four star property and there was no surprises.

The staff was courteous although there were minor problem they were unable to accomodate my request to provide a room on the higher floor - request that I made almost 1.5 months during booking as I have a tendency to wake up even on a small noise. Although the hotel kept ear plugs on all our beds still the noise level were a little higher considering that the hotel is situated on a busy road. Otherwise they allowed us to check out by noon instead of 11AM as a special case as we were travelling with kids. Another positive thing was that the check in staff was extremely helpful to guide us to on the main attractions in the city as we had very less time. The hotel has an option of leaving the luggage in their store room in case some one is arriving early or leaving late.

The food provided is of good quality and the buffet is quite filling. The hotel may look to provide atleast one vegetarian dish in the breakfast for vegetarians like us.

Over-all a very nice experience and I would like to stay again if I visit this city next time. Yes, I would like them to make Wifi free of cost as is the case in many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bhopal, India
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed there last year in Nov and its a good hotel, neat and clean. We took room for four which was good with provision for tea and coffee and some freebies like sparkiling water for the first day. Pillows were bit uncomfortable (huge for my neck) and bathroom was small but its OK when you are travelling. one big issue with us Asians in Europe is that all the toilet seats don't have a shooter /Shattaf provision which is really a problem.

its close to Lucerne railway station tough a bit away from old town but then Lucerne is small and you can walk or cach a bus to all the nearby tourist destinations. The breafast was good and sumptious.

Its close to Mcdonalds and burger king if your kids dont have a continental taste.

Overall recommended to the travellers

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the railway statio / lake
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the second time to stay here. First time in 1995.I like this hotel because the hotel near the train station and close to the old town and landmarks.I arrived here by train.

The Staff always busy we have to wait too long when we need to drop or take the room keys. The hotel should change the room key to electronic card. So that no need to wait for staff.

Buffet breakfast is good.

WIFI not for free...I need free WIFI !