We arrived very early in the day, around 10 AM and had no problems getting checked in.. Just had to wait for one room to be cleaned.. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and all spoke English very well. The room were very clean and tidy. The food at the hotel restaurant was fantastic. The supplied breakfast was also very very good. Sliced meats and cheese, A variety of breads. Yogurts, cereals even bacon, eggs and sausages were put out. Our room looked out over Frankenstrasse and even though I have read many reviews concerning the noise levels, once you closed the outside shutters, this became virtually none existent.. Even on a Friday night in the city.
My only issues were, the price for parking overnight and the price for WiFi. I understand that parking in the city is at a premium but after paying about 600 CHF for two rooms the price of at least both of these services could be included. Parking could be based on first come first served. Or a voucher for offsite parking could be supplied. My only other issue is the bathroom supplies.. A shower at 10 PM after travelling from Canada resulted in running out of body wash and tissues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with modern amenities and comforts is set in late-19th century Victorian in the downtown area; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Waldstatterhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Lucerne
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Hotel Lucerne