We were on a 6 days holiday in Switzerland and Lucerne was our last stop before we travelled to France to continue our holiday. As with most individual travellers in Switzerland, we arrived by train . We knew the hotel is near by but was really pleasantly surprised to find that it was just right next to the train station. Once you leave the train and move towards the exit, turn left and you should see a McDonald's and it's just further down the street and the hotel is a distinctive red building about 150 metres from the exit. If you end up on conference centre side, you are at the wrong exit.
The rooms are clean, high standard and breakfast is good. The breakfast spread was the best we had in Switzerland. We asked for connecting rooms because we are family of 5 and were given one without any fuss. We did make the request when we booked. The connection was at the main door. As you opened the main door, there are two doors within the mini hallway. One thing you should not expect is marble toilet fittings and high quality fixtures. This is after all a three star establishment but equivalent to 4 star in some countries.
The hotel is very conveniently located. We were easily within walking distance to the famed Chapel Bridge, the old town and even the Lion Monument was a 15-20 minutes walk away. We highly recommend the city walking tour which is conducted by a local guide. http://www.luzern.com/en/classic-walking-tour. You can buy a ticket from the tourist information office just across the street from the hotel a little to the left for CHF18. During winter, it's only conducted on Wednesdays and Saturdays. In summer, it's daily. We there in winter and were lucky to be there on a Wednesday. We bought our ticket 15 minutes before the tour started and there was only our family and another extended family from Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with modern amenities and comforts is set in late-19th century Victorian in the downtown area; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Hotel Waldstatterhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Lucerne
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Hotel Lucerne