Luzernerhof Hotel
$327
$189
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 15, 2012

central located, average hotel with good Restaurant, clean rooms - partial already renovated, 1 minute from the lake in the middle of old town, shopping mile 1 minute away. surrounded by restaurants and some bars, parking in nearby public parking

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sofia D, Leiter Front Office at Luzernerhof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Dear guest
Thank you very much for you feedback. We will forward your rating and concerns to our supervisors in order to constantly improve our services.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We checked into Hotel Luzernhof, and found the reception staff to be snooty, no doubt because we had opted to stay in their cheaper (by about 60 Euros nightly) Annex, just down the street. A staffer conducted us to the room which looked fine. There was a hand-basin in the room, with both the toilet and showers right next door. I generally find duvets to be too hot, so I removed my duvet from its cover, intending to use just the cover as my top covering, with a light travel blanket on top. I was shocked to discover that the duvet was filthy and had not been washed for a considerable length of time. I left a note for the house-keeping staff, asking them to replace my duvet and to check the one inside my husband's duvet cover. It was not replaced during our stay, so perhaps the message got lost in translation. I have a general aversion to duvets because I cannot be certain that their covers are absolutely clean. Now I know I must worry about what is inside the covers. This hotel, and, sadly,many other hotels, have done away with the practice of putting a top sheet first, then the duvet on top of that. This is what I would prefer.
The room was over a bar that was noisy on the weekend. Additionally, tour buses park almost below it. These can be disturbing early in the morning.
If I could not find anything of a comparable price in Lucerne, I would stay here again, provided the hotel equips its beds with top sheets and checks regularly that the duvets themselves are regularly washed. I find a dirty duvet inside a clean cover to be misleading and unacceptable. Additionally, the reception staff need to lose their superior attitudes. A plus factor about the location of the Annex is that there is a Starbucks coffee shop right around the corner. Lake Lucerne is a short walk away, and a bus to the station is beside Starbucks. The cleanliness rating below refers only to the duvet. The room and next-door toilet and showers were spotless.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room if it is in the Annex, ask staffer to check the duvets, or ask how often they are washed. I do this now as a matter of course.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived amidst a bus load of tourists. The skeleton staff there were stretched. The laundromat machines only accepted the one Euro coins and the staff refused to provide change. When we finally got the coins from other hotel guests the machines didn't work properly. So the night was quite stressful trying to cope with the dodgy machines. The morning staff though we're reasonably friendly when we went for breakfast. Room-wise, it was small and very basic, though the location was very central.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel is close enough to the downtown area that you can easily walk to everything you would want to see, especially the Lion Monument. The staff was excellent and very helpful when I fell ill at the hotel. The room was quiet and private. The food was excellent and the service superb. I cannot thank the owner and the wait staff enough for all their help while I was there. Everyone was very kind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra L

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is quite old but centrally located,thus it was easy to go & see the famous landmarks of Lucerne like the Dying Lion Monument and the Kapellbrucke.. Lake Lucerne is just a stone's throw away & it's nice to stroll along it or sit in one of the benches facing it & let the time pass by. Around the hotel are several restaurants
& some signature shops. Our room was ok & the breakfast was fine, as well. The only downside is the small elevator..No problem with the staff since we stayed only overnight on our Cosmos Europe's Highlights tour.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends