“Nice hotel in the center of Luzern”
Review of Hotel des Alpes

Hotel des Alpes
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at Hotel des Alpes in Luzern. It's close to everything. The station is within walking distance, the famous wooden bridhge is right in front of the hotel and all the shops are righ behind it.
Breakfast is good and the rooms are nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked this room through Swiss Tourism.com as part of the Best of Switzerland package. The hotel has LOCATION going for it. Right on the river, in the center of town , right near the covered bridge. The room was two flights up with the one window facing a DARK ALLEY. Room extremely small and HOT. Yes, there was a fan so it blew warm air all through the night. The bathroom was modern and bright looking(no window). The buffet breakfast was SUPERB as was the restaurant...great food. There are a number of eateries right along the river and a great PUB type restaurant a couple of doors away...for a fast burger and fries. Staff at desk was efficient not extremely warm. It rained for most of the time we were in Lucerne...which is not unusual for Lucerne. Bring a small umbrella!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GlobRes_12719, Manager at Hotel des Alpes, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad, that you enjoyed the perfect location of our hotel.

Your Team of the Hotel des Alpes

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Good: I reached at 10am and was allowed to check-in as my room was ready. The room was clean. Right near by Luzern Train station and in the center of city. Coop store and a lots of sandwich shops around . Receptionist was very helpful and so was the staff. They allowed me to store my luggage after i checked out which allowed me to go around the city.
The Worst: My room was a attic. Few areas around the room were too low and i had to bend and walk around. Room not worth for 230+Francs per night. We just came in our room for the night to shower and sleep and were out for the whole day, so it didn't bother me much. Wouldn't stay here again.
If you book then please ask if they would allot you a room where you could stand straight in all the 4 corners of the room. My room was fit for a hobbit!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for 4 nights from booking.com I specifically requested a room with 2 singles because I was travelling for business with a colleague of the opposite sex. I was given a double room. I went to reception to ask if there was another room available with 2 separate beds, and they informed me that they have no rooms like that and "twin room" simply means that there are 2 twin mattresses even though they are put together in a single frame. Room was extremely tiny and hard to manoeuvre around with 2 people in it.

Also, our room was a street view and has absolutely no airflow even when the windows were opened all the way. We had a tiny fan that did nothing and there was no a/c. The room was so steamy that both myself and my colleague had trouble sleeping. We asked the staff twice to have another fan added to our room…..we never got the fan.

As this was a business trip it was important for us to iron our clothes. The rooms did not have an iron, and when I asked the staff, they said "absolutely not, irons are forbidden!". I had to go to a friends hotel down the street to iron my clothes instead.

Breakfast consisted of carbs, carbs, and more carbs. There was a tray of cheese and meat, however, since the restaurant was open to outside there were usually flies settled on the food trays.

Staff was very cold, always seemed bothered when asked questions and was not willing to help or accommodate.

I think the one benefit of this hotel is the location and clean washrooms. Overall, I'd have to say I was disappointed with this hotel and would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ttopolinaa
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent one night in a single room at the Hotel des Alpes in June and thought the location perfect. I adored the views from my room over the river and bridges! The room itself was nothing special, but was perfectly adequate. The staff seemed busy, but were helpful and efficient and responsive nonetheless. The breakfast room held a nice array of tasty foods and offered a very pleasant view of the Kapellbrucke and swans.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
GlobRes_12719, Manager at Hotel des Alpes, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy that you enjoyed the views!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently had just one night to spend in Lucerne so wanted a hotel that was within walking distance of the railway station and close to the historic areas of town. Des Alpes ticks all the boxes, plus the bonus of superb views across the old bridge, the river and the lake to the mountains beyond. Our room was spacious and tastefully renovated with a small, modern and well appointed bathroom. Our top floor room didn't have air con but the 2 fans were more than adequate for cooling. The restaurant is reasonably priced and breakfast was included in our room price. Walk outside and you have a wide selection of eateries within 100m.
If you are prepared to pay a little more for your Lucerne stopover then this hotel should not disappoint.

Room Tip: If its your first vist to Switzerland then request river views and you will have most of what Switze...