Lowest prices for your stay
$366
Free cancellation until 09/29/21
Priceline
$366
Free cancellation until 09/29/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
$326
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Agoda.com$366
All reviews older hotel old town nice room europe lake bus alps
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked a twin room overlooking the lake with views to Mt Pilatus...all I can say is WOW WOW WOW. Unbelievablely beautiful. On checking in, we were given the choice of picking our own room which we were shown 3. Our room was very large, with a lovely balcony and good size bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, however the I found one of the staff (boss I think), in the dining area very rude and I took offense to his attitude when asked was there any more croissants. However the rest of the staff in this hotel were just delightful and made up for this one mans rudeness. They were extremely helpful on any inquiry. It is walking distrance from the train station, and walking distance to all attractions in town. Thanks for a wonderful stay and I definately hope to be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Kezzalin
buebala, General Manager at Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thanks very much for an excellent review for our property. It is a great pleasure for us and our staff to be rewarded with such pleasant comments, as the one you wrote.
Thanks again for your valuable contribution and your time.

Best regards & all the best!

Agapios Panayiotou, G. Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

It's a pleasure to do business in this atmosphere. Tastefully furnished spacious rooms, excellent food, friendly and attentive personnel. Had a great view on top of that.
Unfortunately did not have time to enjoy neither the pool nor the fitness center.

Room tip: Take one of the upper floors towards the lake. Windows are of high quality so noise is not an issue.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had booked a twin room facing the lake and Christina, whom we called after doing the booking did just that. We got a lovely room on the 3rd floor with the most wonderful view of Lake Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus.
The staff at the breakfast hall were wonderful and they had a varied spread to choose from.
After walking around Lucerne, with my family I would say that this hotel is right up there when it comes to location, budget and the service.
Thanks for a wonderful holiday!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the third floor with a lake facing view..they are wonderful.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel Europe in Switzerland was outstanding. The room was very clean, comfortable and very accommodating. My husband and I took our granddaughter on a graduation trip. They provided a bed for her in our room. We had a balcony and everything we could want. The food was very good and my granddaughter has a nut allergy so that was always a concern for us traveling with her. They were sure none of her food contained any nut products.

The hotel was within walking distance to town and the lake. What a wonderful experience. We traveled from Paris to Switzerland to Venice and Switzerland was our favorite. It was a once in a lifetime experience for my husband and I and my granddaughter says she definitely wants to return. (She needs to graduate from college and get a job first !!!!!!!)

Room tip: I know they do not have a swimming pool. I am not sure of the fitness center. We were having a wonderful time sight seeing and experiencing European culture. We did upgrade our room and had a balcony and great view.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
buebala, General Manager at Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

extreemely positive review!

Thanks very much dear Joan (?) for your outstanding comments.We are very proud that we did not get a single negative review during the last two years. I would like to congradulate our entire staff for their performances, they deserve the recognition.

Best regards and thanks again for your time!

Agapios Panayiotou, General Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent a wonderful weekend in this hotel. Very large room with designer furniture on the 3rd floor and a beautiful view on lake Luzerne and PILATUS mountain. The location of this hotel is very good, a 10 minutes walk along the border of the lake takes you right into the center of town.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple