“Another excellent stay!”
Review of Hotel Ambassador

Hotel Ambassador
Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Once again I have stayed for a long weekend at the Ambassador in Lucerne.My room was very clean and the service in the reception area was exemplary.The owner is to be congratulated for the excellent staff he employs and trains to a very high standard!
My meals in the restaurant were also to a very high standard and service once again exemplary.A nice touch I noticed is that the owner comes round to the tables to check all is well wth the meal and when he is not there his very active mother who speaks perfect English and several other languages,I believe ,takes on that role.It makes one feel that this is a caring family run business which I have no dought it definately is.
I have booked ror my Spring break at the end of April and a short break in August when I will bring my son and his two children for a midweek break.I wish Mr Zendher continued success and look forward to my next trip to his first rate hotel.

Room Tip: I had room 504 which has a view over the Panorama
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Baswold
DelapaixSwitzerland, Inhaber at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Grüezi
Thank you for your very nice and complete review. It is a real pleasure to read such nice comments and carefully formulated sentences. We really appreciate your feedback and see you as a ambassador for our Hotels and Restaurant.

Hopefully we can welcome you back sometimes. with best Regards from sunny Lucerne

Ferdinand Zehnder and the entire team

There are newer reviews for Hotel Ambassador

Reviewed February 24, 2012

the hotel is not on the lake but one minute away/ around the corner is the old city . near the lion 500 meters.
it quite / you hve a shopping center next door to the left starback coffe next door to the right.
the front desk was wery helpful in suggestion.
the breakfast was ok keep us most of the day
ill think ill stay ther egain on my next trip

Room Tip: all room are the same
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Hello and thank you for your nice review.
thank you for mentioning our excellent position. Indeed everything can be accessed by walking. We hope to see you sometimes again here in Lucerne.

Ferdinand Zehndere and the Team

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed once again in the Ambassador Hotel,from 30th December until 2nd January 2012.Once again I can confirm that this hotel continues to maintain excellent standads throughout.The breakfast is copious and the coffee superb.The boiled eggs addition to the buffet is very welcome.I had the New Years Eve menu in the hotels restaurant,Lapin,which consisted of 7 courses!I have had gourmel meals over many many years throughout Europe and I have to say that this one exceeds in quality and taste all other gourmel meals I have enjoyed!The wines I drank with the meal were also superb and it was a fitting start to the New Year to celebrate with such a top quality meal.I enjoyed my stay so much I have booked to return in February to celebrate my 70th birthday.
I thoughly recommend this excellent hotel to all Tripadvisor members without hesitation.I wish the owner very many years of continued success,and am sure with maintaining these very high standards that he will do so

Room Tip: Ask for room 504 which has a view of the panorama
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Baswold

Hello and grüezi from Lucerne

Thank you very much for your excellent comments. Thank you for mentionning our Restaurant and Menü selection. It is a real pleasure to have such loyal clients coming back serveral times during the year.

We wish you a good time and hope to welcome you on another occasion.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is totally 3 star hotel, very clean, convinient location, kind service, comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast. Would recommend to people who would like to stay in typical 3 star hotel. The only thing I didn't like is the smell of some spice during the night, which could be felt in all hallway, but not in the room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Hello

thank you for your review. We are happy you had a good stay. We are sorry to hear about the smell of a spice and will follow upon that theme.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed her for just one night, but absolutely enjoyed my stay --Everything was perfectly clean, and the room was hugh. The breakfast which was included, had a good variety and selection. It was so close to the train station I walked, or you could take the bus, which was everywhere in town. I will stay here again. Luzern itself is something special.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Travelsrandom
DelapaixSwitzerland, Inhaber at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2016

Hello

Thank you for your comment. thank you for taking the time and review our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to have clients mentioning the good points of our hotel. Hopefully you will be able to ome back once to our htoel

Ferdinand Zehnder and the Team

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at the Ambassador again for a long weekend and found standards are being maintained at the highest level.On arrival my room<504> was pristine clean as was the entire hotel throughout my stay.The restaurant,Lapin had a game menu and I tried it out on my first evening dinner.Superb! The owner Mr Ferdinand Zehnder is constantly striving to bring in new ideas to enhance his Hotel product.The latest I noted this time was the addition of chilled apple juice in the reception area for guests to enjoy free of charge.A very nice touch I thought!
Overal I thoroughly recommend this Hotel to all Tripadvisor members as an excellent base to discover this beautiful country.
My very best wishes go to the owner and all staff.I will return at the end of the year.

Room Tip: Try room 504 as a very nice sized room complete with ensuite,mini bar multi channel television and r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Hello
thank you for your excellent review. It is always a pleasure to have clients returning to our hotel. thank you for mentioning our standards. We will pass it on to our staff. Hopefully we can welcome you on another occasion. in Lucerne.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We liked the location of the hotel ( bus stop right outside and 2 stops for station and a mall right outside). The room sizes were a bit small but I guess that is true for most 3 stars hotels.
The breakfast spread was ok ,could have been slighlty better but no complaints. ( most 3 stars serve you cold break fast only so scope of improvement is limited).
The staff review is a bit mixed - some of them especially their head was very helpful and so were some of the people at the reception; but the housekeeping was a bit disappointing and so were ppl at the break fast location ( slighlty rude - not responding to requests quickly - could be a language problem as well but they could atleast be smiling).
Net-net recommend the hotel to people who intend to use the place for sleeping and quick getaways.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Grüezi

thank you for your review and comments. We will look into the staff training especially for breakfast and front office.