“Fantastic, Amazing Experience can't wait to go Back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Palace Luzern

Palace Luzern
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Wilton, Connecticut
“Fantastic, Amazing Experience can't wait to go Back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was at the Palace Hotel in Luzern Switzerland between X-mass and new years. I was a little nervous traveling by myself but as soon as I got to the Palace I knew I was home. The food was excellent. If it was not on the menu they would make it for you. Kind, considerate, outgoing friendly, attentive staff. Spa was terrific. Great list of services. I went 4 x in 7 days. Looking forward to it again. The staff took FANTASTIC care of me and made sure that I had everything I needed and more. I was well attended to, looked after, I never knew they were there. I think of them as guardian angels or magical fairies that just attended to everything while not disturbing you. I had a bad cold the first few days and the staff checked on me and made me very comfortable. The Palace is the center for all activity. I plan on spending 10 days there this summer. Can't wait to get back!!! If you plan on going to Switzerland you should go to Luzern and stay at the Palace. You will kick yourself if you do not.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view or partial lake view. You can't stop looking at the lake, it's...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank WiltonCT
PalaceLuzern, Director of Sales at Palace Luzern, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear valued guest

What a great review! Thank you very much for staying with us during x-mas and New Year. It is a pleasure to hear that you loved our service. We will inform all our staff about your comment and the whole Palace Team is looking forward to welcoming you again in Lucerne. Please contact my team or me at any time, if we can be of assistance.

It is our goal to create a "Home away from Home" and it is great to hear that you felt at home in the Palace.

All the best

Malte Budde
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Staying overnigth while traveling to our wintersports vacation we experienced the most warm welcome in The Palace Hotel in Luzern.
Great rooms, excelent staff and great food made this stop over a feast, and we did not want to leave the next morning.
If travelling through Switzerland, this hotel is a must.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Take a room with lake view, costs more but worth the extra money
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights beginning 9/28/11 as part of my 50th Birthday trip to Lucerne, Lake Como, and Santa Margherita/Portofino/Cinque Terre. We upgraded to a mini suite and it was spectacular. Great view, HUGE room, wonderful bathroom, great breakfast (they will make you ANYTHING you want if you prefer not to hit the buffet), etc. And because the free internet that comes with LHW is via wifi credit card, you can use the wifi on multiple devices without incurring multiple charges. All in all, a fantastic experience, and we stay at a lot of 5 star hotels around the world.

Room Tip: Consider the upgrade to a mini-suite, and DO join LHW for the benefits it provides!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Warm Weather Traveler
Lisboa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

It's really a 5 star hotel and you can´t expect more. My husband and I spent last weekend in this hotel, from the 9th til the 11th september 2011. Our room in the 5th floor had an amazing lake view, it was huge, confortable, elegant and had plenty of room for luggage, truely, as much as in our walk in closet at home :)
I think the photos I'm posting are much better then my poor english words but I'd like to emphasize that the staff is brillant, they have a notion of good services that's difficult to match. If you chhose this hotel, you'll never regret a thing, on the contrary, it will be an once in a life time exepirience.

Room Tip: if you stay in this hotel you MUST pick a room with lake views.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cardigos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

A great location by the lake. A view to the KKL, the lake and the montains.
The rooms are large and provide a great experience. If you stay in the floors 1,2 or 3, you should try a breakfast on the room balcony. The breakfast is served on a very nice room, with windos to the lake. An outdoor promenade with confortable seating provides a nice meal or lunch.

• Stayed September 2011
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We host several leadership development conferences per year and we have held them in numerous locations in Europe over the years. By far, this has been the best experience we've had - from the beautiful location to the food, rooms and service. Georg Kaesler (Head Concierge) was extremely helpful and attentive, along with the rest of the staff. They were always very prompt and responsive and addressed every need we had, sometimes before we even asked. This was such a pleasant experience and I can't say enough about what a great hotel the Palace is. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandi K
Bern, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

In some place, you have to beg and to wait for receiving the bill, in spite of its high amount. "Les Artistes" belongs without any doubt to this category. Number, style and skills of the waiters / waitresses unsufficient.
Food was good but nothing special. Gaspacho quite ordinary. Menu with "Flammekueche" (a kind of alsatian tiny pizza) is not a bad idea, but a bit ridiculous for a place of this alleged standard. The same with the "Fish'n chips" for 39 CHF (45 USD).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Pimlico032
PalaceLuzern, Manager at Palace Luzern, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor from 25th August 2011.

We are sorry that we were not able to meet with your expectations during your stay at our Restaurant "Les Artistes". The restaurant Les Artistes is our second restaurant and an addition to our gourmet restaurant "Jasper". The Les Artistes' menu offers a range of international dishes that offers the guest the possibility to enjoy just a quick meal or a whole menu.

The Les Artistes' concept is not to establish a second fine dining location, but to offer our guests a place, where they can enjoy a meal of high product quality in an easy and uncomplicated setting. However, that does not mean, that services has not to be professional and we apologize that the Les Artistes team was not up to their task during your visit.

We hope, that we have the chance to welcoming you again at the Palace Luzern in the near future and stay at your disposal for any further questions.

Raymond Hunziker