“Excellent service from attentive staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Luzern

Palace Luzern
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent service from attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I want to recommend the staff at the Palace Hotel for any business conference needs. They were all highly professional and had a "Can do" attitude. I conduct numerous business leadership programs in Europe per year, and the staff at the Palace made our stay one of the best!
I highly recommend Georg, Head Concierge and the team Ulrich and Daniel. Stefanie Thiele as Event Manager was fantastic and responsive. At breakfast, Sabine continued to look after us in such an attentive way.
What a great experience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I would like to thank Daniel Friedrick! I wasn't a guest at this beautiful hotel but a friend of mine was. I asked her to bring me back a certain kind of mints. She was not having any luck with them and decided to ask for help! Well not only did Daniel step in, he tracked them down for her!!! WOW! She was so happy that he found them, he even posed for a photo with the mints that she sent on to me.

Daniel you went above and beyond and you made a ex Swiss resident very very happy!
Thanks for going above and beyond!
Much Appreciated!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Aprilleigh
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

What a beautiful location...relaxing ambience….great food...very comfortable rooms….would be even better once they finalize AC installment to all guest rooms.
I highly recommended this venue for conducting executive seminars.
Why? Highly professional staff. As you focus on content ….there is nothing pertaining logistics to worry about.

All the staff was great, including:
• General Manager Markus W. Iseli
• Concierge team (Georg Kaesler and Daniel Friedrich) …who always went above and beyond taking care of participants
• Kongress & Event Manager (Stefanie Thiele and Daniel)
• Front desk (Catalina)

Thanks Palace Lucerne Team!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bombay, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights at the Palace, Hotel Lucerne.A great experience.

The location : Easily accessible from the Station (Routes 6 and 8 drop you right outside the Hotel). On the lake front , with a gorgeous view as you walk along the promenade.

The Hotel : Five star, though I would not call it luxurious. The common areas (the restaurant Les Artistes etc) are impressive. The foyer though, is small. Tiny reception. Certainly not the place if you expect a large reception area where one can lounge on sofas and watch life (and other guests) pass by.

The Rooms : Nice. Molton Brown toiletries in the bath. Tea maker available on request.

Sleep quality; Although ours was a double room, the bed has two single matresses instead of one double. This means that there is a kind of "valley' towards the centre of the bed where the two matresses meet. Each person will have to keep to their sides of the bed! Very strange for a 5 star property.

The view: Ours was a "city view" = not much of a view.

The Breakfast : Sumptuous. Strongly recommend their "Birscher Muesli". Lovely view of the lake from the Breakfast room. One grouse though - for a hotel of this standard one would have expected tiny individual bottles of preserves, but these were missing.

My grouses:
1) The Hotel issues just one key card per room , even for a double occupancy ! Could be restrictive. All other hotels that I have visited issue two such cards.
2) I had requested for a tea maker in my room by e-mail. Found a nice set of tea bags on arrival, Strangely, the cups and saucers disappeared on the next day, while the tea maker stayed. Surely, any one who used the teas maker would need the crockery! had to call up house keeping thrice to get the crockery back in my room. Had my own tea bags and requested for some dairy whitener, but nothing forthcoming despite a series of calls.
Inexplicable , for any hotel - leave alone a five star.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank SameerBombay_India
Haslingden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We found the hotel Staff friendly and helpful during our stay. We had a very nice, clean room overlooking lake. Excellent although pricey breakfast. Anyone who knows Switzerland will know they know how to charge and this place was no exception.

I also get very tetchy when a hotel of this calibre offers no free WiFi in rooms. Whilst their business centre provided the internet access we required (we just need to check our emails regularly).

The TV choice was, as usual on the continent, very limited for UK travellers offering the yawningly tedious News and Sports channels and not a lot else.

Overall - probably better for a business trip than a romantic getaway

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delgirl2010
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed here because it's sister hotel in Interlaken was so amazing, and I was hoping for the same experience here. I was disappointed with the service and the quality of my room. I was given a terrace room that was shared by the other guests, which made me feel uncomfortable as a solo woman traveler. My room was so hot I had the staff bring me a couple of fans before bed. The room amenities were not of high quality and it could have been cleaner as well. The offerings at the breakfast buffet were just OK, however the dining room itself was beautiful.

The best thing about this hotel was it's location, right on the lake, however the shopping and center of town is quite a distance to walk. I will definitely stay somewhere else if I get back to Lucerne.

Room Tip: Ask if the airconditioner is working if you are traveling in warm weather.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lori S
PalaceLuzern, Manager at Palace Luzern, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear Madam

Thank you very much for your feedback posted on trip advisor concerning your stay with us in May 2011. We regret you did not enjoy a perfect stay and apologize for not meeting your expectations to a 100%.

The rooms on the 1st floor are offering a view on the lake and mountains - what overall makes Lucerne so nice - and the possibility to enjoy this feeling by utilizing the wide terrace.
This width is generous but on the other hand, you are right: the terraces are not separated from one room to the other and this might give a feeling of lack of privacy.
Unfortunately not all rooms are equipped with A/C so far and some rooms need to be refreshed, a project that will be accomplished next year.

We are happy that you liked our Les Artistes restaurant and we are - actually this very moment - about to improve our breakfast offer.
Please feel free to share some suggestions or likings that may help us to meet our guest's expectations; any idea would be very much appreciated.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Lucerne one day, please do not hesitate to contact us personally in order ensure your valued feedback helped us indeed improving our services and offerings.

Kind regards

Raymond Hunziker
Assistant General Manager
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Spent 2 nights here on a 14 day tour of Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. All 6 of our hotels were rated 5 stars. I rate this hotel #3 of 6. Very classy hotel with wonderful guest room views of Lake Luzern. Breakfast buffet was spectacular. Room was very large. Bathroom was elegant, but shower stall was too small, only 2 ft x 2 ft.
My son thinks he left his wallet in the room. Although they did not find it, they followed up promptly to my emails.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family