Renaissance Lucerne Hotel
Agoda.com
$257
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe mexican restaurantgreat locationtrain stationold townmarriott pointschapel bridgetwo blocksfront desk stafffirst floorsmall lobbydeluxe roomsmall hotelstreet parkingwalk in showernespresso machinewould definitely stay here againexcellent hotel
Reviewed March 9, 2012

New, nice, modern hotel. Very well located in Luzern.
Everything was according Renaissance level.
Very nice hotel team which help us a lot to plan our time in Luzern.

Also I would like to recommend the Korean restaurant just 500 meters from the hotel and nice bar on the corner of opposite house. The hotel bar is also very nice and very popular.

Please note: reception provides us with the sticker for parking. But we did not ask sticker for next day... So, before leaving Lucern we spent one hour to pay fee.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms are very good. This is new hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AndreyKuznetsov
Reviewed March 9, 2012

It's a brand new hotel, so everything looks and smells new, and I think we stayed on the first week they open (early June 2011)

Room was spotless, spacious, and not noisy at all, considering being on the main/major street in Luzern. Staffs were nice and friendly.

Location is very ideal, three/four blocks away from the train station, and two blocks away from the river front, so it's easy to get to places.

Too bad there wasn't any club lounge at the time, maybe it was newly open, not sure now.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Superb location near train station. Julia at front desk provided exceptional service. Restaurant was also a good value. The room was very small, but charming, cozy, and comfortable. Two small complaints however. Why no plug in the sink to hold water and why no shower door to keep floor dry? I think that someone put fashion over function in the bathroom design. I would stay here again and bring my own sink plug.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank TexasTravel59
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We enjoyed two very nice rooms, clean. Great service, great location

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhashmo2
Reviewed February 23, 2012

After enjoying a concert at the KKL in Lucerne, I stayed here for one night. Upon arrival, I was greeted very warmly by the staff and checked in very quickly. The room was small (as was expected, I did book the smallest room), but very cozy and the layout was well thought through, there was room for everything.

In the early evening however, after reading a bit I noticed it started to get chilly. When trying to turn on the heating, nothing happened. The staff told me to try and turn it off, since it seems some buttons worked the other way round than one would expect. This didn't help either so I called reception again before leaving for the concert. When I got back from the concert, I had a little heater in my room and the temperature was quite warm (which I like!). This was a very good service indeed!

The room was quiet and the bed comfortable, so I slept really well here.

I ate dinner in the restaurant of the hotel and liked it very much! Theoretically, it's a Mexican restaurant, but the menu had a bit of everything. The food was delicious, but even though I had a Mexican dish, it was a mixture I never had in a Mexican restaurant before. I am not the expert on Mexican food though, so it might very well be I've never encountered it. The service was very good though and when I told them I had to go to the concert and needed to be served a quickly, they obliged and I did get the food within a very reasonable timeframe.

Breakfast in the morning was plenty and very good, I enjoyed it a lot! The hotel is also very convenient if you arrive by train as the train station (and all major sight seeing points in Lucerne really) are within a few minutes walking.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo