“Disappointing”
Review of Hotel Krone Luzern

Hotel Krone Luzern
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Switzerland for two nights in May.
The room itself was very basic, more like a youth hostel than a hotel. The bathroom was very clean. The hotel itself was poorly decorated, the interior reminded me of a hospital in England!! The lift was tiny and slow. The most annoying thing was that the hotel was very noisy. From my room I could hear other doors closing and people talking in the corridors. I could also hear noise from the square outside.
The positives were that I received a warm welcome and the staff all spoke English. The staff were willing to answer any questions. My room was ready when I arrived at the hotel at 13:00, an hour earlier than the 14:00 official time check in time. The hotel itself was well located on a lovely square minutes away from the old bridge. I could not fault the breakfast either.
Luzern was an absolutely wonderful city and I hope to return there next year. I would have liked to have stayed in Luzern for longer as the town and lake are so beautiful and the surrounding area has plenty to offer. I highly recommend the day excursion up Mount Pilatus which involves a boat trip, a train journey and a cable car ride. However, I am unlikely to return to this hotel as I did not consider it to be good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Joe J

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having stayed at other Best Western hotels, we expected much more. We had several problems with our room: When we arrived, our room door was open with a filled cleaning bucket adjacent to our door. An electrical outlet was broken. The room had poor lighting and sleeping was difficult without room darkening window treatments.

Wi-fi was unsecured. Elevator was tiny. Breakfast had a poor selection.

Overall, it wasn't worth what we paid.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LGGTravel
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Family of four arrived via train a 10min walk to hotel good location lots of shopping in the area restaurants everywhere was easy to find just get map in tourist info at train station ,front desk very helpful ,close to bus stop I love lucerne would love to return again , room has high ceilings clean bathrooms , good breakfast would stay again for sure .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A friend and I few into Zurich from the US and took the train from the Zurich airport to Luzern and the Hotel Krone. It all worked out really well. The hotel was an easy walk from the train station even in our state of exhaustion. Everything was close enough to walk to from the hotel. Our room was clean, the bathroom reasonably large even by US standards and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was excellent, more than I had expected. The hotel was located near a Co-op store and a restaurant that had take-out so two nights in order to cut down on expenses we bought take out and took it down to the waterway near the hotel to eat. We were there for 3 nights. We were on the piazza side of the hotel overlooking the fountain which was pretty. My only complaint was that the last night we were there, which was a Saturday, it was very noisy until about 5 in the morning. I mean really noisy with people partying.

Room Tip: If you are there over a Saturday night ask for a room on the side of the hotel that does not overloo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel was in a great location in the middle of a pedestrian mall. However the cobbled streets was a pain to navigate with luggage.
We stayed 3 nights and were given a free upgrade to a city apartment across the street. This was a pleasant surprise, there was no lift, but the staff Ivan helped lug our 2 luggage up the 3 levels. On checkout, we sought his help again with the luggage, he readily did so.

The apartment had kitchen facilities and utensils were provided. There was a coffee maker(finally!, almost none of the hotels in europe had coffee makers), oven, stove, pots and pans and a set of utensils for 6.
There was a COOP supermarket just on the next street. It was a very convenient location for us. We loved the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for one night in May. Great location, walking distance to train station and in the middle of old town.

Good selection at breakfast. The room we stayed in was similar to a budget hotel in England, (eg travel lodge) which does everything you need a hotel room to do but don't expect any luxuries.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent hotel, located in a pedestrian street in the middle of Luzern old town.
Price/quaity ratio os amazing. Rooms are clean and well furnished, staff very nice and location unbeatable!
A MUST in Luzern!