“Cosy italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great atmosphere, located in industrial side of the city but a total suprise inside! Excellent food with friendly service. There is fixed menu eveyday so you may want to check before you go.Make sure to make reservation before you go,all
tables were booked on a thursday night. They Play Happy birthday song and bring your dessert with candles if you are celebrating one.they forgot to do it for my husband but they compensated with a free preseco offer on paper; wraped with a cute pepper detail.lots of attention to detail and thats why we loved it!! Go with an empty stomach, you get too much food.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

You really need to know where you are going to find Grottino 1313. Lunch was served family style with only what was cooking for the day. We had a delicious pumpkin soup, tasty salad and a noodle dish. Very nice. It was spendy, but it was a unique experience.

1  Thank TinaMac45
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Atmosphere was outstanding, service good, food perfect. But, beware of two things. We thought we'd ordered tap water (free) which we've done at every restaurant on our travels in last 2 weeks, and ended up being charged $15 for water. Very sad. 2nd, ordered a glass of wine each (husband and I), and wine bottle was left on our table. Ok, we can self manage, BUT, waiter came over and refilled our glasses again without asking or being asked. We asked bottle be removed, and informed waiter that we've now had 2 glasses of wine per diner (total of 4), and then were charged for 5 glasses of wine. :( Put a cloud over entire experience, which is really sad as we loved the food and ambience, yet left feeling taken advantage of a bit. Very unfortunate.

7  Thank Veach
Reviewed June 5, 2012

A really nicely decorated place with lot s of details. U just have to feel cosy in such a place. For my taste it s a bit far abroad of the center, that's why I guess it's mainly visited by locals... It's charming and romantic advantages bring a certain inconvenience with kids. It's not really a restaurant to celebrate with friends and/ or family, rather a niche for a romantic dinner...

3  Thank Jost V
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Firstly, I have to apologise to Simon for taking this long to write this review.
Now for the review..
It was my husband's birthday and we are in switzerland. I searched throught tripadvisor for the best restaurant to celebrate his birthday while we were there. After reading the many good reviews of this place, I decided to make a reservation. The owner of the restaurant is Simon. Starting from our email reservations, he has done his utmost to make us feel welcomed. As the restaurant only serves set menu, at 58CHF for a 4 course dinner, and I read reviews that sometimes the set menu has veal, I informed Simon that we do not take veal. He told us that he will replace the set menu items should there be foods we do not eat. With such kind hospitality we looked forward to our pre-arranged dinner.
On the day itself, with the goggle map in hand, we tried to navigate our way to the restaurant. Unfortunately, we got lost. We went pass the restaurant once without even noticing it. Only when we walked by a 2nd time, did we see the restaurant. It was about 7pm when we reached and the skies had already darken. I would advise you to go earlier so you could see better. The restaurant signboard is qutie small and dimly litted. It is next to some pub and the pub signboard is brightly litted. So watch out for that :)
Being in october and near halloween, there were some pumpkin sculptures outside the restaurant. It made us feel like we are indeed in Europe. You'll never get that in Singapore :)

Even though we were late for our appointment at 615pm (having left our hotel late and getting lost for 15mins), Simon warmly welcomed us into the restaurant. Btw the waiters can't really speak english so speak to Simon if you really have to. Lucky for us, the meat that day was woodfire grilled beef. It was SO tasty!!!!!!! Tender and seasoned to perfection. Not too salty nor too bland. It's even better than the steak I had at Morton's! ): I am very sad that I can't get to eat this in Singapore. If I stayed in Lucerne, I would definately go to Grottino 1313 to celebrate any special occassions.

Lastly, I should talk about service. Simon constantly came, asking how was the meal, if we enjoyed it and even stayed at our table to talk to us (he thoughtfully arranged for us to sit at the upper level, at a quiet corner). He chose his timing carefully, he would only come inbetween the times when the dishes are served. Or when he sees that we have finished the dish.

It was an awesome experience. You should try if you ever go to Lucerne! Oh and do remember to make a reservation in advance. I heard it gets crowded for dinner over weekends.

1  Thank xmEex