“Not the best value for the money”
Review of Ristorante Rossini

Ristorante Rossini
Ranked #86 of 414 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

First time in Luzerne, I was there on business, arrived in the evening and needed to have dinner. This resto was close by. I have been in Switzerland many times and know that the prices are high. However, if you pay you expect quality of food. It was not the case. The staff at this place was not from Italian origin and I am sorry to say that the Italian dishes were not even close to what they should be. Atmosphere was not bad, yet everybody too close to each other.
Next time I am inLuzerne I will try another place.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Restaurant is tucked away in the back side of the old city. Decor is very inviting. The place was full but the waiter managed to sneak us in so it was bit crowded but not uncomfortably so. I had a penne arrabiata which was good. My colleagues wife had a pizza. Given the quality of the bruschetta that we shared she expected more from the pizza. Or should I say less in that the crust wasn't as thin as expected. The vegetables made the pizza very favourable if not a wee bit soggy. My colleague had spaghetti carbonara which he enjoyed. While this isn't the best Italian restaurant that I've been to, it's certainly not to be avoided

1  Thank kcpeppe
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ate here and showed without a reservation and like last time were told 5 minutes and it shouldn't be a problem. We got a drink at the bar and were shown to our table. You sit very close to other diners but this doesn't take away the great service they offer. We ordered a salad with our meals and this was brought to our table immediately. We waited a bit for the mains but realised they were waiting for us to eat our salad as they probably do before the main. Oops. It sat their dressed and getting juicy while we waited but Imthink they finally twigged we weren't going to eat it until the main arrived. We both had a pasta dish that was so good. Bit expensive but we always indulge in one restaurant that's offering good food and Switzerland is expensive anyway.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our final evening in Lucerne, we had checked out the menu and location the day before. The food was good and considering the prices of meals at nearby restaurants, it is a good place to have a nice dinner. We sat near the area where pizzas are made, which is nice to watch but also is a little warmer than anywhere else in the restaurant. The manager made a nice selection of wine to go with our 2 meals. There is also dining outside, but on that evening (early October) it was pretty chilly out.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here twice on our recent visit. The food is very good and the prices are reasonable. The wine is tasty and the ambience is pleasant. It is a popular place for locals which always gets my attention.