“Not for families with kids” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of GourmIndia

GourmIndia
Ranked #12 of 391 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located close to the famous Gutsch castle and Utoring apartments, Restaurant GourmIndia Luzern provides an authentic Indian experience. Using a blend of traditional Indian spices, our chefs from India create true Village style Indian cuisine. Our hearty portions and friendly service mean everyone eats like a King. We specialize in classic regional dishes such as Goan prawn curry and Tandoori chicken served on a sizzling platter. These are accompanied by aromatic basmati rice or freshly prepared Naan bread baked in a traditional Indian tandoor (clay oven). Sip on a refreshing mango lassi to cool down while enjoying the blend of Indian spices The Kings menu is highly recommended for those who wish to try a variety of our favourite dishes and enjoy it to your heart's content. Book in advance for Kings menu and enjoy a complimentary hot masala Chai. We look forward in giving you a taste of Authentic Indian food.
Stans, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not for families with kids”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

As soon as we sat in the restaurant, a guy came to us with some papadums and said "Excuse me Sir, please make sure the papadums do not fall down", I asked him what does he mean by that. He told "Sir since you have two kids, our manager asked to tell families (may be Indian families) with kids that parents should make sure kids do not throw papadums". I told him that it is ridiculous and asked him to take those away from us.
Even though the food was good, we did not feel comfortable at the restaurant.

I am from India and have been living in Switzerland since 15 years and this is the first time I am experiencing this kind of thing.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pmadhur
gourmindia, Manager at GourmIndia, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir

Greetings from GourmIndia !!!

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. and also regret for the inconvenience caused by us.
Our guests view our restaurant as kids and family friendly restaurant. We would be very thankful to you to give us an opportunity to prove it in your next visit.

We look forward to welcome you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Gurjinder Singh
Restaurant GourmIndia

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Lausanne, Switzerland
“THE best Indian restaurant I've had in Swiss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went to dine at this restaurant specially because of its high ratings on trip advisor....after my meal, I could see why!!

The restaurant is rather big and spacious with a mini bar located right at the entrance. The staff were welcoming and good.

The overall price on the menu was actually ABOVE average. If normally a dish costs about 14 CHF then here it would be 20 CHF.

Nonetheless, It was all forgotten as soon as i received my food!

I had ordered a dish of rice and 2 vegetarian dishes, one of paneer and other of vegetable. And i must say that the food was absolutely great!.

It was fresh and one can sense that the chef that cooked this knows what he is doing. The dishes all had a distinct flavour, not like a standardised taste which is found in other restaurants.

It would be a big claim but believe me, its true... This is THE best restaurant that i've had in all of Swiss, by all Swiss i mean, there's nothing in Zurich, Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Montreaux, Lugano, Vevey..etc

One must go to this restaurant to have superior indian food!

just be there before 14:30 and after 18:00.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Shyam P
London, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Food in Lucerne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visited this restaurant in April-May 12 and I enjoyed one of my best Indian food in Europe. I will visit this place again.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank PrasannaBapat
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a great indian dinner after a long tiring day in the Swiss mountains.... Food quality was great. Service was quick ...there is quite a number of veg/ non veg starters/main course and desserts on the menu......
Staff was very polite and welcoming.....highly recommend this place to all visitors to Lucerne...

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Chinmay G
Colorado
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was a little reluctant about this reservation initially but trusted all my fellow TA reviewers......wow, were they ever right.....this place is amazing! I booked from the US before we left, the "Kings Special". $46 per person. This is a set menu, breads, rice, appetizers, 6 entrees, dessert, tea....it goes on and on so I learned.

We grew up in Vancouver Canada so are very familiar with excellent Indian cooking. I am telling you, this is among the best we have ever had. In addition to the quality and service the portion amount is divine.....we took a lot back to our hotel! The entrees, all fabulous curries were served in traditional pots. The appetizer platter was enormous and I couldn't believe how perfectly cooked all the fish dishes were.

Great selection of well priced wine and beer. Complimentary two glasses of prosecco with the kings menu. It was very close walk from our hotel, Hotel Des Balances, but a little on the outskirts of town.

Perhaps Indian food isn't everyone's cup of tea while in Switzerland, but for us it was a nice change and excellent value in an expensive city.

• Visited August 2013