“THE best Indian restaurant I've had in Swiss!”
Review of GourmIndia

GourmIndia
Ranked #11 of 406 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located close to the famous Gutsch castle and Utoring apartments, Restaurant GourmIndia Luzern provides an authentic Indian experience. Using a blend of traditional Indian spices, our chefs from India create true Village style Indian cuisine. Our hearty portions and friendly service mean everyone eats like a King. We specialize in classic regional dishes such as Goan prawn curry and Tandoori chicken served on a sizzling platter. These are accompanied by aromatic basmati rice or freshly prepared Naan bread baked in a traditional Indian tandoor (clay oven). Sip on a refreshing mango lassi to cool down while enjoying the blend of Indian spices The Kings menu is highly recommended for those who wish to try a variety of our favourite dishes and enjoy it to your heart's content. Book in advance for Kings menu and enjoy a complimentary hot masala Chai. We look forward in giving you a taste of Authentic Indian food.
Lausanne, Switzerland
“THE best Indian restaurant I've had in Swiss!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went to dine at this restaurant specially because of its high ratings on trip advisor....after my meal, I could see why!!

The restaurant is rather big and spacious with a mini bar located right at the entrance. The staff were welcoming and good.

The overall price on the menu was actually ABOVE average. If normally a dish costs about 14 CHF then here it would be 20 CHF.

Nonetheless, It was all forgotten as soon as i received my food!

I had ordered a dish of rice and 2 vegetarian dishes, one of paneer and other of vegetable. And i must say that the food was absolutely great!.

It was fresh and one can sense that the chef that cooked this knows what he is doing. The dishes all had a distinct flavour, not like a standardised taste which is found in other restaurants.

It would be a big claim but believe me, its true... This is THE best restaurant that i've had in all of Swiss, by all Swiss i mean, there's nothing in Zurich, Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Montreaux, Lugano, Vevey..etc

One must go to this restaurant to have superior indian food!

just be there before 14:30 and after 18:00.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Shyam P

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Food in Lucerne”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visited this restaurant in April-May 12 and I enjoyed one of my best Indian food in Europe. I will visit this place again.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank PrasannaBapat
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a great indian dinner after a long tiring day in the Swiss mountains.... Food quality was great. Service was quick ...there is quite a number of veg/ non veg starters/main course and desserts on the menu......
Staff was very polite and welcoming.....highly recommend this place to all visitors to Lucerne...

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Chinmay G
Colorado
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was a little reluctant about this reservation initially but trusted all my fellow TA reviewers......wow, were they ever right.....this place is amazing! I booked from the US before we left, the "Kings Special". $46 per person. This is a set menu, breads, rice, appetizers, 6 entrees, dessert, tea....it goes on and on so I learned.

We grew up in Vancouver Canada so are very familiar with excellent Indian cooking. I am telling you, this is among the best we have ever had. In addition to the quality and service the portion amount is divine.....we took a lot back to our hotel! The entrees, all fabulous curries were served in traditional pots. The appetizer platter was enormous and I couldn't believe how perfectly cooked all the fish dishes were.

Great selection of well priced wine and beer. Complimentary two glasses of prosecco with the kings menu. It was very close walk from our hotel, Hotel Des Balances, but a little on the outskirts of town.

Perhaps Indian food isn't everyone's cup of tea while in Switzerland, but for us it was a nice change and excellent value in an expensive city.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Travelkicks2017
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have been on holidays in Canada and USA for that's 4 weeks from Australia. We came to Lucern few days ago as part of our tour. Using the Trip Advisor located this restaurant and we were very delighted to be there. The service, ambience and the food were all great and exceeded our expectations. Switzerland is generally expensive in comparison to USA and Canada, but it was all worth it for vegetarians like us who find it difficult to find a good spicy indian vegetarian meal. The dinner was thorought enjoyable and portion sizes were large.

We will go again next time when we come to Lucerne

• Visited August 2013