Wirtshaus Taube
Ranked #43 of 415 Restaurants in Lucerne
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was one of the best meals my family has had in Switzerland. They spoke English well enough and were very friendly towards my two year old (note that I've found the Swiss aren't totally tolerant of kids in restaurants). We also found it to be a good value (for Switzerland... as they say...)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good quality and large portions of traditional Swiss food. Located near the river and recommended by our Hotel.
Good beer and friendly staff, although some staff could have been more attentive if our waitress was busy. Seemed popular with both Locals and Tourists. Several parties of business men which is usually a good sign.
No complaints and would go again if in Lucerne

1  Thank jostan99
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Basically, the food was great. It compared favorably to other restaurants in Switzerland. The atmosphere was pleasant, and it was good value.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went here based on recommendation from our hotel. We went in and were immediately asked if we had a reservation. We did not but the restaurant "fit us in" (it was not terribly crowded). After obtaining an English menu, we ordered. My food was excellent! I had beef wrapped in bacon (cannot remember the name). It was amazing and I really enjoyed it. My boyfriend also enjoyed his food as well - he had the breakfast meal for dinner. The food choices were particularly interesting to me as they were traditional Swiss but not what I envisioned Swiss food to be. The one problem with the restaurant was that the service was very slow. However, this may be a Luzern way of life because most of the restaurants were this way. In total, highly recommended. A reservation would be smart.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I enjoyed the food at Taube very much. It was crowded and we didn't have a reservation. No one greeted us when we walked in and we had to finally snag someone who worked there and ask if we could get a table, even though the bartender was only a few feet away. It also seemed like the service was standard Swiss- courteous and efficient but not friendly, but then again I don't speak German so maybe that was part of it.
The food was very good, though, and if you are looking for authentic Swiss then definitely give it a try!