A pleasant hotel, well located (just a short, slightly uphill walk from the centre of the town).
We had booked a superior room with a balcony, and this was adequately sized and equipped. The bathroom was rather small, but provided everything we needed, including an efficient over-bath shower.
On one of our two evenings, there was a short drinks reception in the lounge area before dinner, with some jolly music from a delightful little barrel-organ. Although we were on bed & breakfast, we opted to have the set four-course dinner one evening – which consisted of a salad buffet, soup, main course (with choice) and dessert. We thought this was very good value (for Switzerland!) at 35 francs per person – Good food, nicely presented,and served in a pleasant dining room.
Breakfast was a well-presented standard buffet.
We thought drinks in the hotel were very reasonably priced (for Switzerland!)
All staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel owner spoke excellent English and was helpful in organising tickets for the cable car to Mt Titlis, and in advising on walking in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Although much has changed within the past 100 years - e.g. the new wellness area or the games room for the kids - one thing remains successful: The Charming way of Swiss hospitality. "Extraordinary personal" as we say. May we introduce you to our Hotel Edelweiss: Built in 1901 in the Art Nouveau style, our is offering magnificent views of Engelberg's "angel mountains" from every window. Thanks to the quiet location you are able to profit of relaxing holidays away from traffic in a pleasant surroundings. We love to spoil you in our cozy hotel lounge bar with open fireplace. Treat yourself with one of the various cocktails and the warm atmosphere. Enjoy a creative 4-course-menu with a tasty bottle wine in our dining room with a panoramic view in the mountains. For families Spacious rooms and family apartments, secluded hotel garden, 4 kids' playrooms catering to different age groups - Duplo area, Xbox area etc. Supervised games and handicrafts from 5pm to 9pm for 6 days in winter and 5 days in summer. Special kids' menus, week programme with mountain hut evenings, railways dinners, bike tours and skiing. Kids' shuttlebus to the ski schools. For lovers of Typically Swiss Hotels For over a hundred years now, this quiet hotel has been providing hospitality at 1,000 metres above sea level. The Art Nouveau dining room and antique details bear eloquent witness to a bygone era. However, the compact wellness area and practical family rooms prove that time has not stood still here. The motto of this "outrageously personal" holiday hotel is very evident – no matter whether the programme features torchlight hikes or freeride tours - the hosts are sure to be involved! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, MyHotelShop, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Edelweiss Engelberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Engelberg Hotel Engelberg
- Edelweiss Hotel Engelberg