H+ Hotel & SPA Engelberg
Hotel Central(Engelberg)(Great Value!)
$179
$165
Agoda.com
H+ Hotel Sonnwendhof Engelberg(Engelberg)(Great Value!)
$157
Hotel Garni Hostatt(Engelberg)(Great Value!)
$117
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Hoheneck(Engelberg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmount titlisview from the balconytrain stationwalking distancereception staffhotel is locatedgreat viewgood sizecable carnice hotelnice stayexcellent breakfaststayed here for nightshotel guestsdouble bednice roombeautiful location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

In a beautiful sleepy town you will find this nice and clean hotel, comfortable room is reasonably sized with modern décor and Bathroom is large, but above all, what a beautiful location this hotel is occupying!

We could see from the balcony, the snow peaks of Jungfrau at mighty Alps and the cable cars going up.

Staffs of Ramada were very attentive but I still have no idea how the staff could not cope with around 100 or so guests in the breakfast room in the morning of Aug 8th 2013
There was total chaos, they run of hot water then run out of tea bags, run of toasts, and then run out of cheese slices, run out of hot milk then run out of coffee. This was causing guests to queue and cause yet more delay and disorder in the breakfast room.

I hope and believe it was just one off incident and not a daily comedy soap opera

Just one bad experience should not put me off. I would stay at this hotel again in the future, if an opportunity arises.

I thank you all.
AHappytravelerfrom UK

Room Tip: Please ask for the room with a view of the mountain
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alain P, Manager at H+ Hotel & SPA Engelberg, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our trip to Europe in March this year was made special by the wonderful hospitality at most of the hotels that my family and I were put up. However, undoubtedly, the best experience was in our stay at Ramada Hotel Regina Engelberg at the base of Mount Titlis. Switzerland itself was the best place to be in and Ramada was the icing on the cake. Apart from the great rooms, service and facilities were outstanding. The best part was the view from the balcony of our suite overlooking the snow clad mountains. We reached there late in the night on a snowy night and were dazzled by the spectacular view from the hotel. I would recommend the Ramada to anyone planning a trip to Engelberg.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the mountains ....probably all rooms face that way!! Take the higher floors for best views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alain P, Manager at H+ Hotel & SPA Engelberg, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Engelberg and
thank you for your effort writing such an detailed report on Tripadvisor.
It is very important to me to get your opinion, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service
I will pass the wonderfull feedabck to my staff.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon at the Hotel RAMADA Regina Titlis.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Positives: Good location on main street of Engelberg and within walking distance of the train station, the Titlis cable station and monastery. A few steps away from Co-op store. Coffee shop and pizzaria on ground floor. Reception staff friendly and efficient. Had a spacious family room on the 8th floor with a great view of the mountains. Quiet rooms.

Negatives - Bus load of tourists visiting every 2nd day crowding the dining hall. Same boring breakfast menu every day of our stay. Rooms very basic and purely functional and need upgrade with worn out upholstery. No coffee/tea machine, no ironing board in rooms No AC but not required with cool nights.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the mountains
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RashmiSharma
Alain P, Manager at H+ Hotel & SPA Engelberg, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Front desk is friendly. The bartender who prepared our teas is miserable and unprofessional. Good customer service doesn't cost anything!

Free Wi-Fi, although on an unsecured network. No mini-bars. No coffee machine in room. The hotel and the rooms seem to have been remodeled but not 100% - there are no thermostats in the rooms. Some of the fixtures throughout are dated.

The beds are reminiscent of some I experienced in developing countries in the 90's - hard and springy. Not what I would expect from a Ramada. And they're not connected. For a couple, they push two twins together, so there is a crack down the middle. And the comforters are separate (two twin-size) and they don't fully cover my feet when pulled up to my neck.

Well located between the main lift to Titlis and the village and very close to the train station.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alain P, Manager at H+ Hotel & SPA Engelberg, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madame

Thank you for taking time to complete our Guest Survey.
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
I'm verry sorry again for the incident caused by the negligence of the staff at our bar.

Please know that your feedback is extremly valuable to us and feedback, such as yours, assists us in improving our service on a daily basis.

Again, I aplogize for the inconveniences during your stay.

Sincerley,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Plus points : location, personalised attention - lovely staff, decent breakfast, sauna, wifi everywhere in the hotel, beautiful surroundings.

Minus points:
*Terribly soft pillows (tip: use the hard sofa cushion and use a pillowcase over it)
*No full length mirror - could have been incorporated into one of the wardrobe doors)
*No power socket that could take an average Swiss-to-UK adapter on the dressing table. Although there are three sockets, there were all deep-set ones
*No coffee/tea making facility (this came as a huge disappointment, as I have seldom come across hotels above 3* rating that have no kettle and coffee/tea/milk)

Room Tip: since the surroundings are quiet and serene, you could choose any floor. but at times of group tour arrivals, the small lifts can fill up easily leading to a rather longish queue for the lifts. In this respect, a lower floor might help as you can climb with little baggage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family