“Mont Blanc the Memorable Way”
Review of KeyTours S.A.

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Leader of the excursions in Geneva and Switzerland
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We chose to book our Chamonix-Mont Blanc tour with the company and were not disappointed. You have a menu of options available, we skipped lunch and got everything else. Our guide, Neill (sp?) was an interesting Brit, who made our trip fun. The coach was comfortable, our driver (M. Moussa) excellent and the entire experience was good. The weather wasn't very cooperative, but thanks to Neill we ended up taking a teleferique and a gondola to another peak near-by. On the upside, we got spectacular views of Mont Blanc between the clouds and rain, and we missed a hail storm in Geneva. Do take a few Euro, it makes getting coffee and small gifts so much easier.

1  Thank citygirlpz
"train trip"
"lunch options"
"great overview"

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went on the Geneva chamoix trip with key tours. It was very minimal.
I paid over167 euro. With no lunch. I was very much left on my own and was given very little information about the places to visit.
If I were to do it again I would get the shuttle bus to Geneva to chamoix and pay for the trip to top-nearest point to Mont Blanc and pay for the train trip to mer de glacé.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked this tour via Viator. Paid a whopping amount in GBP, to find that the tour didn't offer any option or discount if the weather is bad. The guide or the tour operator could have confirmed with the guys in Chamonix whether the Train or the Teleferique which are the main attractions on this tour are operational or not. They however didn't bother as the money was already in their pockets. Pathetic organizing. No options sought or provided. Terrible food provided. All in all a huge waste of money. I know weather is not in the tour operator hands but then atleast providing their customer with some good options should be possible considering the fact that weather is bad invariably atleast twice a week. Not recommended.

3  Thank dejavix
Reviewed March 19, 2013

To begin, I must credit the tour guide Neil. He is a funny, and extremely knowledgeable guide who has been doing this same tour every day for years, he can answer literally anything you ask. Due to the company's relation with the French/Swiss border station, the crossing is no hassle at all, you go through a private line and a guard moves a cone out of the way, no questions asked (as you whiz by the decently sized border line). The drive is beautiful and the sights in Chamonix and on Mont-Blanc are once in a lifetime. It is a beautiful mountain atop a glacier and you have the chance to go and visit an incredible ice cave within the glacier. You stay busy the whole time seeing incredible sights. I recommend buying the lunch package... its a deal considering the fact its a 3 course meal and Chamonix is not the most reasonably priced little village. The only advice I could give other than bring a camera is to DRESS WARM (temperatures were -30 celsius atop the shoulder of Mont-Blanc with wind chill).

1  Thank nicoca427
See more reviews
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The price of this tour was hard to justify when one can take a Geneva-Chamonix shuttle for 25 euro each way. Our guide told us a small bit of info along the way, but mostly gave us instructions.
No doubt our experience would have been better in nicer weather... the gondola to Mt Blanc was closed for winds... we did go to the first halfway stopping point and got out for 30 minutes. We were the only visitors there! Sounds like this happens about 25% of the time, but they never tell you that--they act as though it's really unusual. But you don't get any discount for it either. Same with the Mer de Glace cogway...very nice trip up and back, but when you arrived you learned the ice cave was closed for weather, and it was bitterly cold and windy at the top. Many people came straight back down. The redeeming factor was that a couple of us learned (NOT from our guide!) that the hotel at the top lets you borrow snowshoes for free. I tromped for 30-40 minutes below the peak where it was really very pleasant. Three of us also had to push a bit to get the shuttle to drop us off back where we were picked up, not at the rail station with the others.
It's difficult because until you've gone you don't know if you'd waste the day doing this trip on your own. But I'd suggest buying the 25E transport and then walking (or free shuttle) to the attractions and see what's running--IFF they'd have even told us at the cogway that the ice tunnel was closed. Or call in advance before even going.
The tour would get a "3" from me in nice weather and everything working fine, but I'd expect some discount/refund to give that now--they don't control weather, but they can help make up for the missed experiences, which are really the MAIN reasons people come.

2  Thank Cory T