“Good but...”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Fraçois
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Located across the street from our hotel, the cafe Jules Verne appears to be ver popular with locals. The atmosphere is fun and the food was surprisingly tasty ( suggest the fish "dorade"). Our server was run ragged...she was the only front of the house person waiting on more than 50 tables (+bartender). Although she tried her best, service was deplorable. That set aside, it would have deserved a 4-star review.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great value menu of the day and in the summer they take reservations for the terrace. It's quick, fresh and decent food. I've had a couple of bad experiences with service in the evening where once it took so long to place our order we got up and left.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hve been to this restaurant, which boast a charming atmosphere ,with its wooden paneled interior and outdoor seating ,twice.
The first time the food I ordered was delicious, the service good and the price reasonable.
So, with that in mind, I returned just a few days later and ordered the same dish.
Not only did I have to wait quite long, but when it was served the food was overcooked, the recipe totally different ( including some veggies I had asked NOT to have..) and tasteless. I couldn t eat it and told the staff why. Since it was lateish,10 p.m., and the kitchen was closed , they didn t suggest anything else, but brought me the bill instead.
I expected them to reduce it at least, since the food was literally untouched.
Not only they didn t, but I paid that same dish 4 Frs MORE than the week before. I complained and they had the cheek to tell me " maybe you d like to give it another try here.."
So much for their marketing skills.

One thing is excellent, have had it often there : coffee.

3  Thank Bianca b
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place is great for going out for a dinner or drinks with friends. Small and cosy, yet refined. Food was good and adventurous when I last visited. The staff is great.
I have not been to the downstairs club, but I would go if I had a chance.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

beautiful place , fantastic food!!!!!!excellent service!!!! one of the best food we had at Geneva, it is not touristic but very warm and beautiful decoration!!