“Brilliant Boutique Hotel”
Review of Eastwest Hotel

Eastwest Hotel
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed November 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed here just for one night recently, taking advantage of a great promotional rate. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Right from check in to check out, the staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The room was really lovely and quite spacious with THE most comfortable bed ever! There was even a Nespresso machine. The bathroom, and especially the shower, was so roomy with gorgeous bathroom products. As we arrived by train, it was an easy 10 minute walk from the station and only 5 minutes to the lake. Free Wi-Fi was provided also. Upon checking out, they even supplied us with bottles of water for our journey. We ate dinner in the restaurant that night, which was expensive, but first rate. I happened to mention to the receptionist upon checking in that it was my husbands birthday, and upon receiving his dessert that night, there was a large cookie with 'happy birthday' piped onto it in chocolate which I thought was a lovely personal touch. We also accidentally left something behind in our room and they were kind enough to send it on to us. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eastwest Hotel

Reviewed October 21, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Italy and Switzerland. We stayed in 4 -5 star hotels but we would give the Eastwest Hotel in Geneva a 10 star rating if we could. From the time of booking the hotel was informative, helpful and extremely accommodating. The hotel is only 41 rooms but is gorgeous. The location is fabulous and the rooms are wonderful. The bathroom was a dream. When we arrived they brought in our luggage, parked our car and made our brief stay extraordinary. From the free internet (for both our computers), fabulous bathroom amenities, bathrobes and slippers, expresso maker to the pillow spray and cookies in our room, this hotel did not miss a thing. I can't wait to go back to Geneva and stay for a much longer time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Robin Rapaport

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robrap
Reviewed October 21, 2009

A hidden gem in Geneva. Wonderful rooms and excellent staff. Only minor complaint is that the hotel does not have any iron and ironing board available. If you need some ironing done housekeeping can do it for you, but the charge for ironing is almost the same as for dry cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggis
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Really lovely hotel - the location is good for access to the city (although sitting on the edge of the red-light area but it's all up and coming now so not too much of a problem!). Staff were great and my room was out of this world! So comfortable, beautiful new bathroom, VERY comfy bed AND free wifi! Fantastic combination for a VERY comfortable stay! Despite the central location my room was not noisy and ambience of the hotel in general was very calming and attractive. Would def go back!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz_and_Nick
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I had been to Geneva only once before i stayed at the Eastwest. I was very happy to have found this place. SLH is a great source. The hotel is great. The rooms are very nice and modern and the staff is super efficient and friendly. If the rates are not crazy, try to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MartaVM
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I keep on writing that SLH is the best hotel brand that I know. The affiliates always provide excellent location, beautiful and quiet rooms but mostly little details that make you feel home. Eastwest accommodated us with an excellent room that you can modify through the use of wooden panels that slide between the lobby, the room and the bathroom, creating a very cozy atmosphere. Location is perfect, staff is helpful. Only downsides: breakfast is a bit expensive for what it is and lunch we had was pretentious, though not bad.
A sure bet and from what I have seen in Geneva, the best hotel, unless you like places that smell of old money...

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WanderingProfessor
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Staff welcomes you by your name, very quiet and high quality rooms (I tried all categories from single to the suite - all are great), efficient and well located. no mistake, smartly done and managed in details. Makes me feel home when in Geneva. (HON and Centurion)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business