“Warm and inviting”
Review of Eastwest Hotel

Eastwest Hotel
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have stayed at Eastwest twice in a year now and we would probably always go back when visiting Geneva.
It's a small boutique hotel in an area that is in walking distance from the train station, the major shopping area and old Geneva.
It has an interesting decor that is warm and inviting . The bed is comfortable and the bathroom is great because there is plenty of space of all my makeup and cosmetics which many hotels don't make room for. Bath and separate shower.
The staff are always friendly and the breakfasts are fantastic .
The bar area is nice to just sit and relax in.
I have only visited in winter. The decor could be a bit dark in the summer but it is themed on an exotic Asian feel I think. It's not usually my style at all but this place has grown on me and won me over definitely.
After wandering into Geneva's grand hotels for drinks now and then, I know I definitely prefer the cosy and friendly appeal of Eastwest but it still is very professional in their dealings with you when you need things done or questions answered.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Freofan

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I spend a lovely weekend at the west east hotel. The rooms are specious and very nicely decorated, breakfast is nice and the hotel ambiance is cozy and pleasant. The hotel is located in a perfect spot nearby the lake and the old city. But the best thing in this nice boutique hotel is the friendly and helpful staff that is always willing to make an extra effort for the gussets. I enjoyed my stay. Well done west east hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Oren B
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very small hotel with limited staff. Only 3 manned the front desk and only one person could deal with any problems with reservations, who only comes in during the day. They promoted themselves as East meets West but messed up reservations with 2 different surnames (CHENG & CHEN). Insisted that I have reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights. Even when I presented my booking confirmation upon check in, person took my booking confirmation paper for references, but obviously did not even care to look into it. Certainly an eye opener for me, amazed at how their fount desk woman refused to acknowledge their own mistake on 2 confrontations, and just dodged their mistake. Why bother checking in with your passports if your full name isn't the same with the reservations?

Further more, some higher authority person later, (after my return) emailed me to say: we have as a commercial gesture cancel without any fee the reservation . (all of my reservation numbers started with 7. Booked through SLH)
Either very bad hotel in house staff communications or just slack.
Limited services, no much interest in guests service, only excellent parking help.
Will not book this hotel again.
Not recommended for travellers with kids, or Chinese common surname.
If you are driving there, there is no place to stop. Its front doors are right in the middle of busy traffic, which makes travelling with kids and lots of luggage quite chaotic.
They gave me a room with one window and facing a wall.
I could understand if I booked the room last minute and I get this room. But i made the reservations 1 month ago, and for 2 nights.
Big disappointment to my last day in Geneva. Will never book this hotel again.
Have stayed in many boutique hotels with more narrow streets and busier countries, this one should not make it to the list of Small Luxury Hotels of the World at all.

Room Tip: If you must book this hotel, make sure you ask for rooms with WINDOWS FACING OPEN AREAs, must tell t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank rocket4rocket
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January 2014. This was advertised as a family hotel. It's a pleasant boutique hotel, but it is NOT a good family hotel. They have no kids menu, limited flexibility for dealing with children, and limited interest in doing so. The service was average, not poor but not great, food was ok, but the menu was limited. I wouldn't recommend it for the price (we were in the executive suite and were woken up by load guests outside of our room). There are better options in Geneva in our view.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is the ideal place for a short stay in Geneva. The decor is minimalist with an oriental theme. The staff and friendly and the rooms simple but cleverly designed, modest in size but not cramped. The free wifi works well in the rooms as well as common areas. The configuration of the restaurant area is a little disappointing (it feels more like a bar/snack area) but it is more than compensated for this by the quality of the food and the wine list. I enjoyed foie gras, lentil and truffle soup followed by seared scallops with sweet potato blinis. Both absolutely delicious with a half a bottle of Condrieu. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed 3 nights (extended one as we liked it). Room comfortable, bathroom and amenities good, in room coffee maker was particularly good! Our package included breakfast, which was ample and delicious; hot items such as eggs as well as the normal full European cold meat, yogurt, selection of breads, etc. Location easy walk from train station and the #1 bus runs outside the front door, connecting to several tourist places of interest. All in all a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BombayLiz
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed one night, three of us (including a 7 year old).

Adequate boutique hotel, would not say it is luxurious. Room was swiss-standard size (smallish compared to average international sizes).

Location is double-edged. On one hand it is near to the river (10-15 min leisurely walk across the bridge to the Old Town). On the other hand, it is near to a/the red-light district. We walked from the railway station to the hotel around 8 pm, and walked past a sex salon (Amsterdam style), and there were seedy characters hanging around the street corners. Maybe it was due to my lack of prior, thorough research (if you google rue de paquis or neighbouring streets, and streetwalkers, you get some hits). To be fair, not within the immediate environment of the hotel, and we did not feel endangered.

If you have young ones, you would have to plan your neighbourhood walks a bit more than I did.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family