“Excellent place to stay in Geneva”
Review of Eastwest Hotel

Eastwest Hotel
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at Eastwest hotel beginning of August 2011 on a solo business trip.
I booked online a superior room for 3 nights and communicated to the hotel my arrival by car so that they could reserve me a parking.
When I arrived I discovered I had been upgraded on a junior suite with complimentary breakfast as I was a member of SLH.
Free wifi interner connection in the hotel during my stay (medium-good quality of signal and speed).
The lady at the desk was very nice and friendly, the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming.
The room was great, big, clean, wonderful king size bed (super confortable).
The hotel location is good: I could reach the financial district easily walking 10min on the lake side. The staff (all of them are very gentle and cohoperating) also canceled my concern to be alone near Geneva red light district; nothing happened at all. I walked safely around alone (lake side).
Eastwest is definitely a great hotel to stay in Geneva, I surely will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sololapio

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Everything was excellent in this hotel - polite, willing, helpful staff; nice, spacious, clean room; nespresso coffee maker with free capsules, bottle of water at arrival, small bottles of water at check-out; cleaning 2 times a day; free transport pass; free internet with the printer at the hotel library; very nice quiet hotel terrase; tasty meals, great wine; good location near to the city, near to the station...we were really pleased with this hotel. Comparing to the hotels in other European cities we have visited, this one was a bit more expensive but it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in !!!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

I travel a lot across Europe for work, and while it's great accumulating points at chains, I'm more than willing to forego those if I track down a more appealing option. I chose Eastwest because the price was reasonable (by Geneval standards) and based on the photos it looked like an attractive boutique hotel (and it was!).
My impressions of the hotel in no particular order:
- Very convenient location. It's less than 10 minutes' walk from the train station (I arrived from Zurich, and given taxis in Switzerland (along with everything else!!) are very expensive this was a plus) as well as around 10 minutes' walk from the lake
- The room was furnished to a very high standard (I was staying in a Superior room, not sure how that compares with Standard rooms)-- modern but not a 'cold' ambiance. Another reviewer mentioned the bed was too soft-- I guess that's a matter of preference, I found it very comfortable and with high quality sheets/bedding. They also provided turn-down service which included a 'relaxation' pillow spray, nice touch
- High quality bath amenities in the bathroom (I travel light, it sucks when hotels provide low-quality soap, shampoo, etc.). The overhead power shower was excellent / high pressure.
-The room included a Nespresso machine (again, not sure if that's also the case with Standard rooms?)
- Small outdoor terrace at the back of the hotel, the waiter didn't really make it out there proactively but was a nice relaxing area to have a drink. Other than that, no complaints about the service at the hotel-- friendly/professional
- I didn't have breakfast; it looked like a limited but decent spread
All in all, I had an excellent stay at the Eastwest-- next time I'm in Geneva on business I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ArlingtonLondon
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here with my wife and daughter on a recent business trip. Normally stay at the Kempinski or Beau Rivage, however, my company's business rate wasn't available so tried the EastWest. I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to several business colleagues. Much smaller than the larger Geneva hotels, but has a nice vibe, clean modern, decent sized room, and a nice breakfast area that doubles as a bar at night. And my teenage daughter thought it was "cool."

Only about a 5-7 minute walk from the main train station in Geneva and only about 1 1/2 blocks from the lake front, but will save you hundreds of francs compared to the larger business hotels. A great find!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PhillyBDevil
Reviewed August 11, 2011

If you Don't want to pay a lot and get less to one of the big chains' hotels, I recommend this hotel. 2 blocks from the lake and not far from the train station. Wonderful modern furniture. All these with a reasonable price

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mansouras
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Very chic hotel which has thought of everything you need in the room. Just around the corner from the 5 star hotels and the lake,but without the price tag ,and close to everything. Lovely bar/restaurant area open 'til late and well staffed.Don't expect a lake view as it's in a side street, but we could still see the top of the Jet d'Eau from our double room window which was a last minute tariff and excellent value.Loved it so much we stayed an extra day.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Eastwest is a charming boutique hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, the decor an interesting mixture of ancient and modern. The facilities are excellent and the location convenient. My only criticism is that there is only a half-door to the shower (in the otherwise very well equipped bathroom) - this resulted in a minor flood every time the shower was used!