“Yummy (but not cheap)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Socrate

Le Socrate
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Socrate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 1,675 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Yummy (but not cheap)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We ate a delicious meal in this French bistro style restaurant. It gets very busy and a little noisy but has a good atmosphere and is clearly popular with locals. The menu offers a good range of choice, staff are friendly and cope very well serving a crowd. Despite the restaurant being so full we were allowed to enjoy a leisurely 3 course meal. It isn't cheap but the food is done well and presented nicely. I had foie gras (wonderful), souris d'agneau (perfectly cooked), and rhubarb compote (lovely and tart), with wine, and coffee to finish, which came to about £55 (each). I would definitely return when next in Geneva, once I save up my pennies.

• Visited November 2013

“bland.. never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

never again.. we asked for the meat to be well done it was rare and bloody.. hardly chewable.. my fish was bland, bad experience

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Rouge K
Geneva, Switzerland
“If you like tinned sardines, this is the place for you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been to thousands of restaurants in my life, but this place managed to give me a totally new experience. When I heard that they had sardines as a "special" of the day, I was relieved, as all of the other starters were cold, and as I come from the island of Jersey, I was aware that freshly grilled sardines, with a sprinkle of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon are hard to beat.

Imagine my delight when a plate with fresh bread, fresh butter and a tin of sardines (2010 vintage, a good year I understand) arrived. Freshly opened in front of me with a flourish, I was for once speechless. If only my cats had been with me, we could have had a banquet.

As for the rest, the steak was ordered rare and arrived well done, the lemon tart inedible.

A truly unique experience.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Tim C
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went here with a coupon. All of the food was really good. we ordered Foie gras, escargots, perch, loup de mer, toblerone mousse and chocolate cake. Will go back again to try the other items on the Menu.

• Visited August 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very nice restaurant, in old French bistro style and small terrace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great food, great service. Beef tartare is delicious. Great choice of wine. Take the Blanc Basilic as aperitive. The owner is serving you and is very friendly and nice. Definitely worth trying ! Try to have a table on the terrace, on the sidewalk (although very nice, inside as well).

• Visited June 2013