“So very good”

Le Pousse-Pousse
Ranked #558 of 1,902 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Disclaimer: I am a bit biased because I go there as my go to restaurant every. Single. Time.
The restaurant is nice, the staff is friendly and the food is very good. The price range is very correct for Geneva, even though the portions are pretty big.
This is a friendly family owned(i think) cozy restaurant, and although i never place my hopes too high, it never disappoints!
I would recommend if you like Chinese food, especially duck, which they do very well, and if you just don't want to cook at home.
I would not recommend to anyone who is looking for fancy cuisine and over-the-top decoration.
PS: try the duck or the BBQ pork buns they are oh so good

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank tilazt

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Good little asiatic restaurant fast and not expansive, located in the rue de l'Ecole de Médecine plenty of bars and near Museums.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

I came to Le Pousse-Pousse again and again as the food is always good, nicely presented and the service is really nice and polite. To my surprise they had the Menu of the day, which include a very very nice salad (for the same price of the main dish)!!!! I will come back again and again.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed December 19, 2016

I live not far away from this place and I have been walking by the place a couple of times. I often see the staff having dinner and their plates actually looked good, even though the décor of the place is not really attractive, I decided to cross their door for a quick Chinese dinner. Prior to cross their door I have had a look at few comments on the net , and opinion were mitigated , so I had no idea what to expect. Nevertheless once I stepped in, I saw the pictures of the plates on their walls, which for me is a really bad sign ! The location is really small, the décor as mentioned before is poor, but the lady that welcomed me was really nice. The menu propose some classic dishes nothing fancy and unordinary and the prices are not very high compare to Geneva standards. I went for the shrimps dumplings, the Beef with Sichuan pepper and some noodles. The dumplings were good, but the rest was just poor. Poor in taste, there was absolutely no taste, I couldn't even feel the pepper. Noodles were also whiteout any taste. For me in the Mandarin cuisine you need to feel the spices and have some taste or else it's not Mandarin cuisine. The portions were actually really small (I understood better why the prices were so low). Overall this experience was really not my greatest one and I was really disappointed. There are certainly better places in Geneva to have real Chinese food. I will certainly not come back again and I do not recommend this place.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Great welcome, delicious food cooked on the spot per order, good variety and excellent value for money.

Date of visit: May 2016