“Great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great sushi. Very profesional. Actually one of the best Japaneese restaurants in Swiss for sure. In geneva it is the best. Do make a reservation in advance.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is in my view one of the two best japanese restaurants in Geneva, the other one is Nagomi. The food is very genuine and tasty and fresh. The service is very efficient and the atmosphere is just fine. The prices are reasonable by this city's standards. It is good for every occasion, business, couple, etc.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been to Kakinuma a couple times for lunch and I think it's pretty great. I lived in Japan and have pretty high standards for Japanese restaurants. I have tried several others in Geneva and have never been impressed. Kakinuma is a bit on the pricey side but the fish is very fresh and the service impeccable. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will keep going back. Oishi!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited this place after reading previous reviews - Yes, it is good but I would not call it outstanding. We had some seaweed salads and brochettes for starters, and then sashimis/sushis and chicken teriyaki. The fish is indeed very fresh and the sushis were soft and delicious...but comparable to few other places in Geneva (Takumi, Sauan). The chicken was good but again not outstanding.
My main concern relates to the portions' size, which is so small. I am not an ogre but I was hungry at the end of my meal - ~15CHF for the seaweed salad, which looks rather like an "amuse bouche".
Another point to mention - this place can get noisy when crowded, especially the room in the back.
Service is fine.
I am not likely to return as I found this place too expensive for what is served.

1  Thank Oeilaiguise
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I picked this restaurant based on previous reviews and especially "best japanese in town" part. Nothing could be closer to the truth on my opinion. Food was very average, a few dishes not even fresh, some sashimis completely frozen. There are much better Japanese places for the same bucks in Geneva. I didn't have to book 2-3 days in advance - simply called them few hrs ahead. They only have a few tables, though some were empty.
On a bright side - nice service indeed.
I won't come back.