“Amazing setting and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Brasserie

La Brasserie
Reserve with
La Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 1,675 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: On the ground floor, the Restaurant Hotel du Parc des Eaux-Vives hosts a Brasserie with a terrace overlooking the lake. The kitchen team uses fresh, seasonal ingredients from the region for delicious creations such as perch filet from the lake. The restaurant also offers a sumptuous family brunch on Sundays.In summer, the restaurant A l'etage opens on the more intimate first-floor terrace with breathtaking views of the lake; the menu includes classic grilled fish and meat dishes, as well as a special selection of wines.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Amazing setting and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This has got to be one of the best addresses in Geneva in terms of setting. The old restaurant with its large terrace overlooking the park and the lake is simply magnificent.
The menu is primarily surf and turf but very very good. Service was impeccable with a concerted effort in serving local produce with local wines.
Blankets were provided as the sun set and it got a little cold which meant it was possible to stay on the terrace for the whole evening. A memorable evening!

• Visited June 2014

“Food could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We celebrated my birthday last Friday with my husband and 2 kids. When my husband called to reserve table they said to come at 7, but when we showed up, they said they have busy day and kitchen will start working at 8. It was a nice weather and we enjoyed the parc, so I would not even mention this. The waiter was not speaking English very good, so maybe that's why there were some misunderstanding during dinner. Nobody gave us kids menu, instead suggested some beef with vegetables. Beef was nice and tender, but vegetables were covered with black pepper so my 3 years old daughter couldn't eat it. Later i found kids menu and realized that waiter just offered us the most expensive item from it. My husband ordered beef as starter which was served nicely, but meat was not possible to chew. Waiter asked if we trust chef to choose sides for main. I said yes if it is not fried potatoes, my husband said whe want them. But he did not get them later. I was not impressed with dessert at all, while fish for main was perfect. The price for dinner and wine was impressive, which is fine for such type of restaurants, but not for this kind of food. View is amazing and the parc also. I have a travel blog in Russian and going to write a post about our experience. Knowabroad.com

• Visited June 2014
Cairo, Egypt
“Delicious food, great wine on Valentines Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My fiancé and I had dinner last here night. They had a lovely 5-course prix-fix with wine pairings. The food was superb and the server was very friendly and helpful. The reason I wanted to write this was review was to commend and thank the managers and chef for being so accommodating to my fiances dietary needs--he doesn't eat meat or shell fish. They went above and beyond to create delicious dishes for him. The managers are lovely people and took our request with a smile. We were in very good hands! Thank you so much!

• Visited February 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Over rated and over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I took my sister to lunch here this week as it was her birthday. Neither of us had been before and we were told it was top class and well worth a visit - how wrong!

We arrived to a dated and tired decor, I noticed some of the leather seating was torn and the tables were old and marked.

My sister's starter (soup) was cold. She sent more than half it back and complained it had been cold. The response "ah bon"?!

My sister was happy with her cannelloni main. My steak (priced at chf56 if I remember correctly) which I requested "à point" without the fois gras was over cooked but edible.

The bread was not made in house, which is quite surprising for a "5 star" establishment.

Towards the end of lunch, it seemed staff had become scarce and we had to serve our own wine!

When the bill came, we had been charged for the cold soup AND full price for a steak with fois gras, eventhough I had requested and gotten it without the fois gras.

Had I not been there to offer lunch to my sister for my birthday I would have complained but I was too embarrassed to make a fuss, for her sake.

chf250 later and I am very annoyed at the poor food and service I had in return.

Eaux Vives has many many restaurants, at a quarter of the price that I would go to before going back here again.

Toilets are dated and as for the "amazing view" you only see a small (tiny) section of the lake. If you are in Parc des Eaux Vives, I suggest you pack a nice picnic and have a much better experience at a fraction of the price (but in Summer though)!!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Marido1
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
“Fantastic view and nice terrasse, food for what it is too expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The atmophere is great and having dinner on the terrasse a warm summer evening is of great pleassure. In my oppinion the price is too high for what you get. Nothing wrong about the presentation and quality but it seames that the time have stand still since the 1990. For the price the chef could be a little bit more creative.

• Visited August 2013