“Worth the Try”

Ranked #6 of 1,774 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Café du Soleil is one of the oldest restaurant in Geneva (around 400 years old), well known for serving the best fondue and delicious malakoffs. Our restaurant also offers a varied menu to satisfy everybody and daily specials for lunch made with love. During summer, our beautiful terrace will welcome you or our air-conditionned room.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Switzerland is famous of their fondue so we found the restaurant by reviews. Was not disappointed at all. We took a bus to the place and it was not hard to find. Staff were attentive and the cheese fondue was in fact yummy. I only could eat several pieces of bread though as they are pretty filling for me. The restaurant has been around for quite a long time so to me, the renovation and the furniture are a bit aged. I prefer modern deco but the atmosphere here did seem very cozy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I frequent this place. We do enjoy cheese fondue and theirs is good. It is nice to sit in the balcony during the summers. The decor is simple, nothing fancy. It is open on Sundays. This is a plus in Geneva where most establishments close on Sunday. Easily reached by taking Bus #3 to Gardiol. It is near the end of the line.

2  Thank Coellum
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is well know by Geneva locals for its great Fondue ! yep the restaurant offers lots of diverse foods, and they are very good, but nothing I mean nothing beats their Fondue !!!! Go for it !

1  Thank Swiss_traveler_70
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Love this restaurant: it's most famous for its fondue, but I love the steak and chips. Really good quality at a reasonable price.

1  Thank ww-wef
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friend and I braved an extremely cold night in February in Geneva to have a cheese fondue at the Cafe du Soleil as a good fondue was the one food experience I really wanted from travelling Switzerland. It was everything the reviews promised...I probably had the best fondue in the world! Loved the atmosphere as well