“A great place to eat”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: James-Fazy
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. The waiter was attentive and knew his wines and I had one of the tenderest steaks I have ever had in my life, anywhere in the world.
With a wide variety of French cuisine, and very good at that, sitting at a table outside watching the world go by in the warm sunshine was fun.Not the cheapestr, but it depends on what one wants to eat and there should be something there to suit every taste.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was a guest at Chez Jacky and began the evening enjoying entrez under the awnings at the footpath before moving into the restaurant for the main meal. Entrez with a glass of red wine went down well after a long week at a conference. The food was delicate and tastey. I had beef for my main and it was delicious and served with three wonderful sauces. I declined the magnificent desert cart but had a plate of goat cheeses and coffee. I can't tell you the cost but the meal was entirely beautifully tastey. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful when I was indecisive - should I have desert or cheese?! This was a truly delighful French experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Given the reviews we had expected a really interesting bistro, but we found the food to be just average. We were staying in the old quarter so it was quite a trek to get to this restaurant,so that probably didn't help our impression. The decor could use some updating as the colors are very 1980s, (heavy on pink and bluish tones), but the restaurant is well laid out and seating is comfortable. Noise level is low so easy to talk. The menu is standard bistro and the food was good but we weren't wowed. I would say if you are staying in the neighborhood I would give it a try, but it's not worth going out of your way. $162 euros for 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, one dessert and a bottle of wine and coffee.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food was great, and the service obsequious, but arrogant! But have had food just as great at half the price in other places (like Bormio in Italy). And at every turn I felt I was being fleeced. The wine in half bottles was expensive but pretty low quality. The food portions were small, except for the entree which was excessive. I felt I wanted more but did not want to be ripped off any more, so I left. And they had the cheek to make sure I could choose whether I not to tip them for their friendly but arrogant service!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Jacky is a very good adress in Geneva. The dish of the day is always good and not expensive.
But the best is the "mille feuille", light, fresh,.. for me the best in Europe.