“Not as good as before”

Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is a typical entrecôte restaurant which my family loves, so when they came to visit for the first time i took them there. The restaurant looks quite cramped, parisian style, with tables very very close to each other. The service was good but i think we just got lucky because our waiter was portuguese. Everything was compensated by the food. It was very good! Last november my mum came to visit and she wanted to go there again. So we went, however this time the food was not so nice and we stayed in a table next to the door on the back. People kept going in and out and it was so cold! Plus it's a quite expensive restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I live in Switzerland and I used to frequently go to "Le Relais de L'entrecote" for lunch on Sundays; This Sunday my wife and I decided to go as usual for lunch and as we live 60 KM from Geneva we have called the restaurant to check the closing time and we were informed that they will still receive customers till 14:45. we have reached at 14:46 and the person in charge of reception with a very cold face told us that we cannot have lunch as we are 1 min late despite that we have informed her that we came from such a far place. This is not acceptable and I think that with this type of service and unprofessional personnel we will never go again nor recommend this place.

4  Thank christian a
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Even on a quiet Tuesday late evening when they have plenty of free tables, they'd rather have you standing in the hall than sit you at a table if the rest of the party hasn't arrived yet....

4  Thank jlf38
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I don't understand why this restaurant can be so busy filled with both locals and tourists.
overall it is ok. average 50Euro per person.
Not very welcoming service.

1  Thank yrtx4e
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The menu consists of one option- steak. It is accompanied with salad and fries. The steak is served in 2 portions, they keep the second part warm until you finish the first. Quite a few desserts to choose from, I can recommend the Creme Brulee.
Although the meal was very high quality and service professional and fast (I would say too fast, we felt pressured to finish and get out), I feel a bit disappointed by the experience given the price.
Get there early because there was a line outside, although they smash through the patrons pretty quick so you probably won't wait long.