“Still a good place / but losing momentum”

Le Relais de l'Entrecote
Ranked #17 of 1,758 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Food: unfortunately, French fries were not hot enough, (we had to have it send back to the kitchen).
Service: Still exceptionally kind and professional (as per local standards). Note that this isn’t a place where they will let you enjoy slow eating. As soon as we were done with the first round of fries and steak (the only dish they serve), they served the second round while my friend was still chewing.
Ambiance: Great ambiance, particularly suited for rainy Sundays in winter.
Overall: The Relais remains a must go for meat lovers. However, the overall experience isn’t as good as what they were delivering.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

It seemed to be popular place as it was full all the time. Great fast service. And the beef they had in menu....softest and most delicious I've ever tasted!!! We were being served by Elodie, really proffessional! I do reccommend!

1  Thank Trikikaru
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I like steak and chips, but to get to a restaurant where this was the only thing on the menu I had a feeling it would be great. The restaurant was packed, but we were squeezed in and the service was fast and efficient. A beer to go with the salad and then onto the main course with a very good bottle of white wine. We did not realise that once you had finished your first portion of your steak they came round and gave you another portion and more fries. Even after that we had room for a dessert, and I had one of the best Creme Brulees I have ever had.

After this meal in the evening, we had some time for lunch the next day, and we decided to go back with some of our work colleagues from Zurich.

It was that good, I would go back again and again.

1  Thank Snuggsy
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very well priced for Geneva - homely welcoming feel - very short menu but well executed.

Like stepping back nicely in time - would definitely go back - be prepared to queue - but it's worth it.

1  Thank CharlieSnice
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Salad in a mustard vinaigrette with walnut. Steak and chips in a mystery sauce. Repeat. Optional raspberry tart and profiteroles. Red wine. Every time the same, every time fantastic. A reliable favourite

1  Thank Patrick_the_Wise