“Very good and interesting food”
Review of Le Chat-Botte

Le Chat-Botte
Reserve with
Le Chat-Botte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,787 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mont-Blanc
Description: Le Chat Botté restaurant, one of the finest gastronomic venues in the city, will charm its guests with its Mediterranean colours and atmosphere. Within the solid walls of the Beau-Rivage Cellar, there are treasures accumulated over many years. Wine enthusiasts will relish the suggestions of the Sommelier Vincent Debergé. French and contemporary cuisine is skilfully orchestrated by Chef Dominique Gauthier, one Michelin star and 18/20 in Gault et Millau.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

You get very nice things in your plate which is of the essence of course.
But they should improve the place which looks old and out of date.

2  Thank KUSNACHT

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I live in Geneva and frequest this restaurant often and everytime it makes me want to return for more. Excellent service, great wine list.I will continue visiting and feel anyone who visits Geneva must make a pitstop here. Thanks guys

1  Thank William S
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Excellent food in an old fashion room. The room is absolutely not very pleasant. Eating on the terrace overlooking the lake will be probably a lot more attractive. Presentation and service are very good but enough for a Michelin star? Also a very expensive winelist. Price/quality there must be better.

3  Thank ELJMG
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Le Chat-Botte provided me and my girlfriend a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Service was impeccable. Being English speakers, I was happy that everyone spoke English fluently and was able to communicate very effectively. All of the service staff was courteous and helpful. They knew exactly when to come to the table and when to give us privacy, which was greatly appreciated.

The meal was wonderful. We had a variety of dishes over 7 courses. The serving sizes were not too big or small, allowing us to enjoy each plate and be satisfied. Between foe gras, escargot, frog legs, lobster, lamb, and a few others that I forget - it was a great melody of flavors and textures.

The part that stuck out for me was the unannounced extras. Before and after each course, the server brought out a small plate with something delicious each time. Even after dessert, they brought out two small treats. They didn't have to do that, but the fact that they over delivered made me appreciate them that much more.

I definitely would recommend this place to anyone looking to enjoy a fine dining experience with great company.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went their for a birthday dinner: In the end a bit of a disappointment.
The main course I choose 'suckling lamb' was served with two much fat: all I could taste was the fat. The sole my friend selected was not good: a texture like plastic. The wine : a St Emilion was an excellent wine: but so full of sediment. It shold have been decanted. Other than that the food was excellent but very expensive.

3  Thank cwcw2013