“The best luncheon I have ever been served-Period”
Review of Le Chat-Botte

Le Chat-Botte
Reserve with
Le Chat-Botte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,810 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mont-Blanc
Description: Le Chat Botté restaurant, one of the finest gastronomic venues in the city, will charm its guests with its Mediterranean colours and atmosphere. Within the solid walls of the Beau-Rivage Cellar, there are treasures accumulated over many years. Wine enthusiasts will relish the suggestions of the Sommelier Vincent Debergé. French and contemporary cuisine is skilfully orchestrated by Chef Dominique Gauthier, one Michelin star and 18/20 in Gault et Millau.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A superbly prepared five course luncheon was timely served by an efficient and courteous Swiss waiter--who was attentive but unobtrusively so.

1  Thank Peripatetic58

Reviewed August 28, 2013

On 27th of August 2013, I invited my wife for her birthday. I organised for her a memorable birthday dinner on this occasion, choosing in advance the best table location, red roses bouquet of flowers, flowers on the table, a chocolate birthday cake with personalized text in russian and a menu in english or in french (without the prices for her) and I should say that everything was done successfully by the restaurant staff. Bravo, excellent job !
Our table was located on the quietest place of the restaurant, as no neighbours and full view on the inside of the restaurant itself.
I choosed the Prestige Menu at CHF. 220.--, which was really excellent, but as always in gastronomic restaurants, served in small quantity...
The quality of service was also top class, staff being very quiet and discret, helpful for photos or any request, serving our bottle of champagne frequently and water also. They were also providing an empty plate to my wife, every time I was getting myself a plate (as she took only 2 different plates, when I had 5 !) so that she could try my food at the same time. Really great idea, she appreciated it a lot.
I would therefore definitively recommend this restaurant if you want to celebrate a romantic, for two dinner for a special occasion. However, please be ready to get a heavy final dessert...the bill ! It will for sure be expensive, but as always, the quality worths it fully !
I will soon add some HD photos of this wonderful evening, so enjoy and see you there maybe one evening again ;-).

So, to resume this awesome birthday dinner :

Positive points :
---------------------
1) Quality of food.
2) Quality of the service.
3) Staff efficience.
4) Restaurant location.
5) 1 star Michelin totally diserved.
6) All food arriving in front of you is explained and presented by the waiter/waitress.

Points to be improved :
------------------------------
1) Too high prices.
2) Too small quantity of food presented...

5  Thank otterboris
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Seated on a flowery first-floor terrace overlooking Lac Leman, we were well disposed to be wowed by Le Chat Botté. In its favor are numerous delectable amuses-bouches and beautifully presented dishes. A tiny glass of cold cucumber and mint soup, mushroom mousse with truffles, and cherries with balsamic vinegar and sorbet stood out in particular. The charming sommelier offered good advice on local wines to match our food.
But our pleasure was somewhat marred by a lapse in service that was inexcusable at the prices charged. We had to ask three times for a second glass of wine, which finally appeared as my husband was finishing his main course.
Most of what we ordered was beautiful and delicious. A couple of items, though well prepared, missed the mark (squash blossom with artichoke-stuffed pasta was more odd than appealing).
All in all, we were a bit disappointed in our splurge on a Michelin-starred restaurant that fell below the standards we expect.

1  Thank kmuch
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This restaurant is one of the best we've been to. The food is delightfully light and inventive, with many surprising vegetable dishes. The staff are friendly and discreet, the maitre d' is charming and elegant. When asked for advice on wine they don't immediately find you the moste expensive they can pull off.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is my favorite "big occasions" restaurant in Geneva. I always come for my bday and some other special occasions and it is always perfect.
The quality of the food is amazing, service is perfect and they always give you so many amuses bouche, entremets and other things that they bring by surprise.
You always leave full and super happy.
Had the chance to eat on the terrace for lunch, it's just perfect as well. Bravo!

1  Thank grazcast