“A perfect gem”

Bistrot du Boeuf Rouge
Ranked #3 of 1,678 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A perfect gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Ate here this evening for the second time. Delicious food, great wine and faultless service. What more could you want? It might be a little cramped and it is certainly very busy but the atmosphere is superb and the staff could not be more helpful. A truly great bistro. I will be back whenever I visit Geneva.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Outstanding cuisine - great choice of wine - and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

A lovely, cozy though cramped, restaurant in the heart of Geneva - great for special occasions. The food is outstanding, the service excellent, and a great choice of wines to boot. Have enjoyed every visit here!

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Good bistrot food and bustling atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We chose this restaurant by chance. We went at about 1:20 p.m. on a Friday and had to wait less than 10 minutes for a table. They were very busy but welcoming and said they would clear a table for us quickly. The place was full of all kinds of people: businessmen and women, construction workers, tourists and locals. Our waitress was friendly but a little harried, but was apologetic and humorous about it. I was happy to go to this restaurant as I am a carnivore. However, my partner is not so he was pleased that I could indulge the carnivore in me as there was fish on the menu. There was also fair amount of game on the menu at this time of year aside from all the beef. You can order various combinations of starter or main/plat du jour. I liked the flexibility of the menu. I had the duck terrine to start followed by the steak de boeuf garnished with a tasty rosti and steamed veg. My partner was very pleased with the fish. The bill came to about 65 euros for two starters, two mains, two glasses of wine and two coffees. When our meal was brought out to us by kitchen staff they spoke to us in English but the waitress said to them, no, no they speak French. We always appreciate that! When we asked for the bill the waitress realized she hadn’t kept track of our order and she couldn’t remember what we had ordered so she sheepishly asked us what we had eaten. It was funny and we joked about it. I was really happy we ate here and was pleased to learn that it was one of the places recommended by TA. There isn’t a lot to choose from in Geneva and since I live in Paris I am a bit spoiled with choice.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Flyingpig666
Brunswick, Australia
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We came across this restaurant by chance. New we were onto a good thing as it was quite full early in the evening and not long after we arrived they began to turn people away. The meal was great and staff really friendly, even accommodating my less than passable French.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank francophilestwo
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
“Amazing! Excellent meal and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our favorite dining experience in Geneva. We arrived on a Friday evening all tables were reserved. Disappointed, we asked if we could reserve a table for the next day. "No," he said, "..you will dine with us tonight." They squeezed us in but made us feel like they had been waiting on us to arrive. The food was excellent! I mean excellent. We were impressed by the owner and waitstaff. It was worth every penny. A must the next time we visit.

• Visited October 2012