“very basic as a Novotel but super good deal”

Residence Studio Geneve Centre
Ranked #15 of 22 Geneva B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong, China
“very basic as a Novotel but super good deal”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It could be considered an annex which is converted from an (somewhat) rundown appartment building. Location is perfect albeit being in the middle of the redlight district. The amenities is pretty basic for a Novotel (yes, I got that because it's called 'resident'). There are only a couple of bottles bath gel & shampoo, not even tooth brush & paste unless asking the Front Desk. No minibar and although I didn't look, I bet there is no room service either. But one can be sure about the service is that it is a Novotel after all. The receptionist is prompt and courteous but I bet they are a bit busy though giving that they only have 1 girl on duty. during my check in (around 21:00) and 2 on my check out (around 13:00).

All in all, it is a very good deal... almost too good to be true!! Where can you find a Novotel with free internet in the middle of the city centre at a price cheaper than a 3 star hotel? Yes, I checked the hotels around that area and the cheapest I found is a hotel with NO private bathroom that is only Sfr. 5 cheaper.

One thing to note, the check in/out is at the actual hotel with is on Rue de Zurich around the corner (the address list for this studio 'annex' is on Rue de Berne).

But one thing to consider if you are a big group reserving several rooms... the lift for the studio 'annex' can only hold about 3 persons with a bit of luggage each time.

Tips: like most of the hotel in Geneva, the hotel provide a travel pass for public transport in central Geneva (which covers almost all attractions in the city). Be sure to ask for it in case they forgot (No, no... not that they did forget)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank onelightyear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I haven't stayed here yet, but I just learned my deposit (which is 100% of the room charge) is completely non-refundable. Now I want to change my plans but I'm hosed. Perhaps my travel experience is limited, but I've never experienced such a policy before. I can't wait to review this place after my stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Geneva hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2012

It's located in downtown so easily to go around.
However, everynight I heard big noise from outside. arguing, drunken people.
Very cheap, very clean but for business traveller, i'd not recommand.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I booked this hotel as I thought it was part of a special offer...everything about the room/hotel is basic. Due to the night time activities ??//?? going on until the early hours I did not feel comfortable entering and leaving the hotel at any time.
Only in Geneva could one be charged this amount for such poor accommodation; i will research my hotel bookings a little bit more carefully in future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business