“I felt very unsafe”

4  Thank fernando_priv

A TripAdvisor Member
Ruesselsheim, Germany
Reviewed March 19, 2012

It's located in downtown so easily to go around.
However, everynight I heard big noise from outside. arguing, drunken people.
Very cheap, very clean but for business traveller, i'd not recommand.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

1  Thank An Accor traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I booked this hotel as I thought it was part of a special offer...everything about the room/hotel is basic. Due to the night time activities ??//?? going on until the early hours I did not feel comfortable entering and leaving the hotel at any time.
Only in Geneva could one be charged this amount for such poor accommodation; i will research my hotel bookings a little bit more carefully in future.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Be warned - this place is at the intersection of two of Geneva's liveliest streets, with numerous restautants, bars, kebab shops and, yes, prostitutes right downstairs. I stayed there in the summer, there is no air conditioning, and anyway, even when i shut all the windows I still heard much more from the street than I would have liked to.

Another inconvenience is that the building itself has no hotel facilities, you have to go to the Novotel around the corner to check in and to have your meals. Speaking of meals, although the rooms have a kitchenette, you have to pay 100 francs extra per stay if you want to use it, which is absolutely not worth it.

So all in all I would only recommend this place in emergencies!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DzejDzej
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed here for four nights for a work event in Geneva. This was the only 'hotel' we could find in Geneva for under 1000 francs per night during the time period. I think our sponsor paid about 150 CHF, certainly not a good deal for this place, although I'm not sure any price would make it a good deal! haha.

As mentioned, you must check in around the corner at the Novotel hotel, where even they raise their eyebrows when you mention you are staying at the residence. The door to the residence is flanked by the employees from the Novotel on smoke break and prostitutes on the corner.

The room reminded me of a large dorm room at university. Relatively clean, basic and cement. There is free wifi which was very good. I was quite happy that it was just me there - I would not want to bring my family to this place.

Although you are in the 'red light district' of Geneva, it is hardly rough compared to other cities in the world. I never felt unsafe, although it certainly was loud! Most nights, and I wasn't there for a weekend, the noise went until about 4 in the morning. You will want to be on a high floor for sure.

Please see attached photo for a picture of my room and the view outside. I was on the fifth floor, there is only one tiny elevator that did get stuck one day that I was there and I quit taking it after that!

All in all, a survivable experience if you are really stuck for a place. Was ok for me since I wasn't paying out of pocket and was not in my room too often.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on a high floor!