We are English speaking and do not know French/Italian/Spanish. We, a family of six people who stayed at the hotel for two nights, all adults. All our interactions were with staff who had English badges on them.
The hotel as such is fantastic property at a central location. The room sizes are luxurious for the price you pay and it is close walk-able to the main train station and to the old town areas. Awkwardly, the hotel as such appears to be located in the middle of a red light zone, but we were not bothered by anyone and did not have any untoward incident.
However, we got a rude shock by the service of the front desk. The check-in time is 2.00 pm and they gave us two rooms by 3.00 pm and one by 3.30 pm. Let alone providing complementary services/rebates for the delays, they did not even apologies, and informed us to have lunch outside and come back later.
We had prepaid the hotel rooms and during check-in were asked to provide a security for 450 CHF for the three rooms. They informed that a card will do, and they will use the card on for a reservation and will not charge or block any amount from the card. So we provided them with a card. The next day, we realised that they have actually debited the amount from our card and when we confronted the front desk, they just brushed off the issue stating that it was a communication misunderstanding. Again, no apologies from them but by this time, we did not expect any. Further the reimbursement of the amount has also been delayed, even after check-out.
The room/bathroom ambiance and comfort is good the price you pay, but unfortunately for us, we were forced to change one room as the bathroom was not properly functioning.
We have stayed at four different locations in Switzerland on this trip. In my view, this hotel has the best comfort and ambience for the price, but I have enjoyed the other hotels and not this one. All-in-all, this hotel has the foundation to be a good hotel, but needs better management and customer relationship. You may try it if you feel that our experience is an exception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Geneve Centre is a 4 star hotel located in the heart of Geneva, close to Lake Geneva and 15 minutes from the UN headquarters. The hotel features 206 rooms, a restaurant, bar and 6 meeting rooms for conferences and seminars. This 4 star hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays with your partner or family. In addition to the fitness centre and spa, with relaxation room, hammam, sauna, solarium and massage room, guests enjoy free public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Geneve Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Geneve Centre Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneve Centre
- Novotel Geneva
- Geneva Novotel