“central value-for money hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Excelsior

Excelsior
Ranked #59 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Athens, Greece
“central value-for money hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

It's a central value-for money hotel very close to the railway station. We spend just a night, it provides fridge and safe. The staff is very friendly, and we were provided with free tickets for local public transport for the period of our stay.
All in all very pleased with my accommodation with very reasonable prices.
I definitely recommend it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Nikolaos K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Pros:
- Great location: 1 block from #10 airport bus, 2 blocks from train station, 2 blocks to Rhone river, across street from Manor department store & grocery (where I saved money by purchasing meals), ATM around corner
- Decent rooms, clean, well maintained
- Peppy WiFi connected immediately, just fine for e-mail, downloading documents, GoogleEarth, etc. I'm using it to enter this review.
- Friendly staff in English and French
- Large, firm bed
- Mini-fridge in room
- Room was available at 11AM after I had flown in from US.
- I spent $170/nt -- told that my colleagues spent much more in other city locations

Neutral:
- Breakfasts have lots of breads, 2 cereals, eggs, sausage, baked beans, fruit salad, juices. Not a lot for me (gluten-free +), but most will find this just fine.

Cons:
- My street-side room had a lot of noise, especially when the customers in the restaurant next door decided to sing until 1AM (on the night after flying in from US). Mostly cut down by closing the (large) window, though I missed the fresh air.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Steve O
leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was great!! the staff extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms were just fantastic, and you couldn't beat the location, just a 2 minute walk down to the waterfront which we did when we first got there then again later at night to admire the view, we felt perfectly safe wondering around. We ate at a little pizza place just up the hill from the hotel, lovely food but a bit pricey, however I think the whole city is expensive which you can tell just walking around the place. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank benson_rules
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel met all expectations. We got a room, what they wanted - quiet with the windows into the courtyard. Day and night it was very quiet. Rooms are small. The standard rooms do not have AC instead give the fan. A few simple breakfast, but to the delight of gourmets next to the hotel - Manor shopping center, which has every detail, including a wide selection of products. We are willing to buy on the evening of watermelon and cantaloupe. At the mall inexpensive self-service restaurant, which is always a lot of visitors. The hotel horoscho working wi-fi and there were no problems.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Because we were only in Geneva for one night,
we booked into The Excelsior because it was close to the train station.

The Excelsior is a lovely hotel, with resonable rates in what is an expensive city.
The staff were very polite and helpful, and our room was very large, clean and tidy.
The was a problem with the sweep fan on the light fitting, but the staff had provided a table fan when we got there.
There was a safe in the room at no extra cost, as well as a fridge and mini bar.

We arrived on the day of a festival, and although we had planned on an early night because we had a train to catch the next day, we were up until the early hours celebrating with the wonderful crowds.

We would certainly visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have just booked into the hotel Excelsior in Geneva and found out there is no air conditioning. Yesterday the temperature was 37 Celsius. I'll soon be that well done you'll be able to stick a fork in me. The room is very small but clean. The only problem is you feel like a wet rag before you go and do your activities for the day. Vic of Melbourne Australia 29/7/2013

Room Tip: Instead of just checking on cleanliness and the Wi-Fi system make sure that you're going to get...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vic P

Travelers are raving about these Geneva hotels

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I managed to get a very good price for this hotel and was very pleased at what I got for my money. While initially I found it difficult to locate as it it is not immediatly opposite it still proved to be ideally located for the imediate city area and for exploring beyond this.

The staff were very welcoming and spoke great english, the room was modern and had all mod cons including a hairdryer and mini bar (which was reasonably priced) and it even had a fan to keep you cool at night. There was no kettle but instead a tea bar downstairs )not that you needed it in the heat).

The tv was a bonus with BBC Entertainment giving you somethig to watch other than CNN and it was conviently located close to city centre eating places and bars including a major department store right opposite which had a lovely fresh food food court within in.

I was ver impressed with the hotel and would certaintly stay here again when visiting Geneva even if I had to pay a bit more it would be worth it.

It was a nice quiet hotel for the city centre and definetly reccomended.

Room Tip: look for bargin prices as I got this at a reduced price, great for such an expensive city
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo