“Best in Swiss Luxury”

Hotel Jade - Manotel Geneva
Ranked #35 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Jade was real JADE. Very modern sophisticated hotel. Second tram stop from bahnhof & stone throw to Lake front. Breakfast was paid but worth 12 franc. But Nothing much to do in Geneva. A day is enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dhavalukani

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel Jade in Geneva has no view over the lake but it's located 200 meters from the shore and the parks . It's a very quiet location and a very convenient one for those who have to relate with the near by international organizations . The rooms are pleasantly furnished and the bath-rooms nice and impeccable. Down town Geneva is at 10 minutes distance by bus or tram and the hotel offers a voucher for free access to public transportation during the stay. People at the reception are nice but as most of the staff seems to be made of young people and/or foreigners, the professionality could be improved ( let say however that the staff is very gentle and does its best ).It's a place to be recommended for people staying for a week-end or for business and who wish to get a comfortable and nice room but not pay a fortune. Prices are indeed reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I based my choice of hotel in Geneva on the Trip Advisor comments already posted and I am grateful to say that the hotel lived up to my expectations. The hotel was well located on a quiet side street , close to the lake , a tram stop and also only a 10 minute walk from the main railway station.
The standard hotel room was quite ample , very comfortable beds and pillows. The hotel amenities were varied and it was nice to be able to have a coffee and tea set. The buffet breakfast was varied and the quality was excellent, in fact good value when you compare it with the price of a " capuccino " in the surrounding area.
The reception staff were very helpful. I would return there again. We were given discount vouchers to use in the restaurants of the other hotels the group own in Geneva.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very nice hotel with luxury amenities. We arrived in Geneva amidst bad weather and finally made it to the hotel. Apparently you cannot 'hail' a taxi in Geneva...or something? Anyway, our stay was ver comfortable and relaxing. Very expensive for a hotel stay. The most expensive by far for my entire Europe trip. But all of Geneva is pretty pricey so I guess we did okay price wise. If/when I visit Geneva again I would stay here if cheaper accomodations could'nt be found. Not bad but pricey.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It took me time to find this hotel and now, after visiting this city, I understand why it was so hard to find a good value accommodation. I was charged 40CHF for 24 hours public parking, 0.60CHF for a small pot of butter at McDonalds and 0.50CHF for parmesan for a plate of pasta at a restaurant. I'm so put off by cost of everything that I doubt I will ever return to Geneva. The only free thing there is the transport card for tourists but I didn't even use it. However, I'm glad I found Jade Manotel because it is what it says on the tin: a pretty small boutique three stars hotel. Our rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The receptionist was very kind. Breakfast wasn't included on the rate we paid but that was a compromise. Therefore, I recommend this place for those who want some decent rooms at a affordable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PopPrincesa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Let me start by saying that this city is way overpriced in all senses and that extends to its hotels. When in Geneva I usually stay at one of the sister properties of this hotel. Manotel seems to have several all right in the same area of Geneva. I usually stay at the Epsom, which is a 4 star hotel, but that was full.

I decided to try the Jade - a three star hotel - as it is literally a block away. The Jade is smaller and has less staff. I got a standard room for somewhere around 250 CHF or so. The standard room was on the ground floor and wedged between the breakfast room and the outdoor space - which has tables for overflow from the breakfast. It had huge windows that put the room at eye level with dining tables just feet away. There was no way I wanted this room. After some pushing and odd negotiating (they refused to tell me the price for another room without me going first to look at how nice it was - nutty), they upgraded me to a junior suite - for an additional 50 CHF per nite. I was told it was usually 600CHF per nite. I felt a bit hijacked as their standard room was clearly not acceptable - unless you want to be sleeping next to breakfast diners. And I had just flown in on a long overnight flight. Crazy.

Otherwise the hotel was minimally acceptable. The elevators did not work on all floors. The hotel is not accessible to persons with disabilities. They were painting and the fumes were crazy. I could smell the eggs from the breakfast every morning - even though I was 6 floors above. The staff were fine - after my initial renegotiations with them. There was no room service or restaurant. There was no fitness center. I will say the junior suite was quite nice and had a big balcony with lounge chairs.

There is free wifi in the rooms but the internet was quite weak. Impossible to watch videos sucessfully or to skype with video. My stay at the sister property - the Epsom - has always been nicer.

I would return here only for convenience and only if other hotels were full again.

Room Tip: Be clear that you do NOT want a standard room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dcjay64
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Jade Hotel after arriving from Tourino late in the evening. What a pleasure! The hotel is only a short walk from the train station (about 10-15 minutes) and yet far enough away to be rid of the seediness that often accompanies hotels near train stations. The décor is quite calming; check-in staff were engaging and friendly, despite the late hour, and the room was welcoming and spotless. Our only complaint is that glass shower door doesn’t extend out far enough to keep the water from going everywhere.

Breakfast was a feast, particularly by European standards. Fresh fruit, including papaya and pineapple. Bacon, eggs, sausage, cereals, yogurt, cold meats, assorted cheeses, lovely breads. The only thing less than satisfying was the coffee.

It’s hard to find a nice hotel at a reasonable price in Geneva. And while I wouldn’t call the price “reasonable,” it was definitely within the mid-range of Geneva offerings. The hotel ambiance, though, exceeded expectations, as did the overall size of the room. It was also only a short walk (less than 5 minutes) to the park along the lake – perfect for an early morning run and a late morning stroll. If we ever return to Geneva we will definitely look into staying at the Jade Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple