Hotel Jade - Manotel Geneva
$349
$341
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsda silvazen gardentrain stationminute walkold townfront desk stafftransportation cardmain stationcomfortable bedclean hotelexcellent hotelfresh fruitpublic transportationwalking distancelarge roomcroissantsnice breakfast
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It took me time to find this hotel and now, after visiting this city, I understand why it was so hard to find a good value accommodation. I was charged 40CHF for 24 hours public parking, 0.60CHF for a small pot of butter at McDonalds and 0.50CHF for parmesan for a plate of pasta at a restaurant. I'm so put off by cost of everything that I doubt I will ever return to Geneva. The only free thing there is the transport card for tourists but I didn't even use it. However, I'm glad I found Jade Manotel because it is what it says on the tin: a pretty small boutique three stars hotel. Our rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The receptionist was very kind. Breakfast wasn't included on the rate we paid but that was a compromise. Therefore, I recommend this place for those who want some decent rooms at a affordable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PopPrincesa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Let me start by saying that this city is way overpriced in all senses and that extends to its hotels. When in Geneva I usually stay at one of the sister properties of this hotel. Manotel seems to have several all right in the same area of Geneva. I usually stay at the Epsom, which is a 4 star hotel, but that was full.

I decided to try the Jade - a three star hotel - as it is literally a block away. The Jade is smaller and has less staff. I got a standard room for somewhere around 250 CHF or so. The standard room was on the ground floor and wedged between the breakfast room and the outdoor space - which has tables for overflow from the breakfast. It had huge windows that put the room at eye level with dining tables just feet away. There was no way I wanted this room. After some pushing and odd negotiating (they refused to tell me the price for another room without me going first to look at how nice it was - nutty), they upgraded me to a junior suite - for an additional 50 CHF per nite. I was told it was usually 600CHF per nite. I felt a bit hijacked as their standard room was clearly not acceptable - unless you want to be sleeping next to breakfast diners. And I had just flown in on a long overnight flight. Crazy.

Otherwise the hotel was minimally acceptable. The elevators did not work on all floors. The hotel is not accessible to persons with disabilities. They were painting and the fumes were crazy. I could smell the eggs from the breakfast every morning - even though I was 6 floors above. The staff were fine - after my initial renegotiations with them. There was no room service or restaurant. There was no fitness center. I will say the junior suite was quite nice and had a big balcony with lounge chairs.

There is free wifi in the rooms but the internet was quite weak. Impossible to watch videos sucessfully or to skype with video. My stay at the sister property - the Epsom - has always been nicer.

I would return here only for convenience and only if other hotels were full again.

Room Tip: Be clear that you do NOT want a standard room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dcjay64
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Jade Hotel after arriving from Tourino late in the evening. What a pleasure! The hotel is only a short walk from the train station (about 10-15 minutes) and yet far enough away to be rid of the seediness that often accompanies hotels near train stations. The décor is quite calming; check-in staff were engaging and friendly, despite the late hour, and the room was welcoming and spotless. Our only complaint is that glass shower door doesn’t extend out far enough to keep the water from going everywhere.

Breakfast was a feast, particularly by European standards. Fresh fruit, including papaya and pineapple. Bacon, eggs, sausage, cereals, yogurt, cold meats, assorted cheeses, lovely breads. The only thing less than satisfying was the coffee.

It’s hard to find a nice hotel at a reasonable price in Geneva. And while I wouldn’t call the price “reasonable,” it was definitely within the mid-range of Geneva offerings. The hotel ambiance, though, exceeded expectations, as did the overall size of the room. It was also only a short walk (less than 5 minutes) to the park along the lake – perfect for an early morning run and a late morning stroll. If we ever return to Geneva we will definitely look into staying at the Jade Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked this hotel by mistake when trying to book another hotel (4-star) under the same group. So we were worried a bit about it being 3-star etc.

But it turned out to be really great value for the price! And we loved every moment there particularly well selected breakfast buffet selection. It was not huge but really nice. Room was clean and looking all very new including chic modern design as well. Frontdesk lady (there seems to be only one or two!) was very kind and flexible to offer free late-checkout. So if you need it, you can try to ask for it.

The only point to note is if you need a good level of support from concierge (such as recommending you a 1-2 day full itinerary with bus route or any special event etc), probably this might not be the best hotel for you. It being a small boutique hotel, there is no separate concierge desk and the front desk had to also look up in the internet just as we would have to do. Oh also, the hotel is not as close as shown on the map perhaps because the Geneva station exit is not where you think it would be...

All in all, it was our first time staying in a small boutique hotel and still we loved the hotel!

Room Tip: As we had 6 yr old child, we booked an executive or delux room, which was perfect in terms of size. Standard room would have been quite small for 3 of us.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I believe it is difficult to find a hotel in Geneva with a good price/value ratio, that was the reason we chose this hotel. Were not disappointed though, the hotel is nice, rooms are new and clean, friendly staff...I still found it a little bit expensive for what it is but I guess that's just Geneva. Overall I would recommend this hotel for it's good location, nice rooms and very good breakfast. I would stay here again if I have to visit Geneva in the future.

Room Tip: Our room looked onto the street but was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple